CISSP Passed!

CISSPorBustCISSPorBust Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just a quick note to say I passed the CISSP, first attempt.

Here are the resources I used:
  • PocketPrep CISSP iPhone app, this was one of the first things I used an a good one to start out with
  • Larry Greenblatt YouTube videos and q's
  • CCCure practice questions, new q's only as I waS out of time
  • Kelly Handerhan Videos (Cybrary)
  • Sybex Book, read it once, typed some notes and studied those a few times
  • Sybex iPhone App
  • Several other books, I didn't read them, I just did the practice questions
  • Brainscape (to make flash cards)
  • Sunflower slides
  • CISSP Facebook group
  • MindMaps (mostly self-made)
  • CISSP Tutor via Upwork.com
  • Boson practice exams, this was the last resource I used, and I'd say the most helpful
I'm putting some additional info, along with some sample quizzes with questions on topics from my notes on InfoSecDen.org

On to the CSSP now!!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Comments

• PersianImmortalPersianImmortal Member Posts: 124 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!! How hard was the test for you given the obvious work you've put in to preparation?
  • CISSPorBustCISSPorBust Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks!

It was still hard, even with all that preparation, there were a lot of topics on the test that I didn't study.
  • mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! The feeling you get when you turn that piece of paper over and see that you've passed is something else!! :D
    CISSP
    CISM
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• jhearnjhearn Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done! Thanks for the tip on the Bosun exams, I'm getting to the point where I'm trying to choose which one to go with, reviews seem to be mixed.
  • cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 250 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! How much total of study time did you put into this?
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• CISSPorBustCISSPorBust Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mikey88 wrote: »
    Congrats! How much total of study time did you put into this?

A lot!!! I did about 5,000 questions and quite a bit of reading/research on line as well.
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner