How to prepare for CEH

raxa.jafyraxa.jafy Member Posts: 17 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm relatively new to this field but want a career in infosec, i have a strong knowledge about networking.

Currently i have set my on kali linux lab and practicing it on it and meanwhile reading the Sybex too. Is there any material which i should use? How about Matt walker AIO

Comments

• IronmanXIronmanX Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Matt walker AIO book is pretty much the go to book for CEH.
    I read 2 versions of his book (including practice exams), did a 5 day course and did lab work before passing my CEH exam.
  • raxa.jafyraxa.jafy Member Posts: 17 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just how tough it is ? I dont have any experience neither any security related certification.

Im currently doing lab work and reading sybex once im done with sybex ill go for AIO, will it be enough for the exam. I will appear after 6 months hope so
  • AggressiveProgressionAggressiveProgression Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    raxa.jafy wrote: »
    Just how tough it is ? I dont have any experience neither any security related certification.

Im currently doing lab work and reading sybex once im done with sybex ill go for AIO, will it be enough for the exam. I will appear after 6 months hope so

Why not start with the Security+??
  • raxa.jafyraxa.jafy Member Posts: 17 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Why not start with the Security+??

I'm already half way now can't drop it now
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you don't know anything about security you should probably re-evaluate.
  • IronmanXIronmanX Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah I think it is going to be pretty tough with no experience.

Plus how will you get certified with out the prerequisite security experience required for this cert?
    "you must: Have two or more years of documented information security experience."