What are some other Cyber Security related forums?

kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
I am looking for forums with heavy emphasis on Cyber Security. Techexams is fantastic resource but there must be some others that are less exam oriented.
Can anyone please list if there are any, could be blogs as well as long as they allow discussions.
Thanks

Comments

• NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Following.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Reddit is a really good resource to look at. Some of the subreddits I follow regularly are:

/netsec
    /asknetsec
    /computerforensics
    /howtohack
    /xss
    /netsecstudents
    /reverseenginnering
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Don't forget Twitter as well. Plenty of smart people posting on there.
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't forget Twitter as well. Plenty of smart people posting on there.

I am a big fan of twitter as a new aggregation point. A lot of the main security bloggers / bug hunters / etc post frequently on there and you can find good write ups. Twitter is a lot easier to see trending news than going to each individual blog and running through them... Alas, only so many hours in a day.
  • kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
    Mooseboost wrote: »
    Reddit is a really good resource to look at. Some of the subreddits I follow regularly are:

/netsec
    /asknetsec
    /computerforensics
    /howtohack
    /xss
    /netsecstudents
    /reverseenginnering
    true, I completely forgot about reddit being a good source. Thanks
  • alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'll +1 on Twitter. I follow a lot of security folks on there and it saves loads of time. I still pop in on some regular sites but mostly let the birdie do the work for me.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
    alias454 wrote: »
    I'll +1 on Twitter. I follow a lot of security folks on there and it saves loads of time.
    You certainly have a point there. Besides Twitter can come in handy for discovering newly discovered vulnerabilities quickly.
    Any hashtags you you can recommend to follow to come upto speed quickly?
  • alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Twitter is a mix of nonsense and legit stuff so it's hard to say who/where it will come from. What I did to start building my list was follow people I knew about and then looked at who they followed and who followed them. It also depends on what you want to come up to speed on since twitter is eclectic by nature. If you are into DFIR then you can find those people, same as red team etc.

Generally speaking #infosec is a good starting place then you can branch out to whatever it is you like #DFIR etc. etc.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • biskopbiskop Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    Not sure how you feel about chat apps, but Slacker and Discord has some decent channels and some official ones like OSCP students.

Warning: Big time waster =(
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    SANS diary. Always look at whatever anti-virus you, your employer or client is using for the latest active bad actors. Browse the latest CVEs on a daily basis, boring, but being in the know can be worth security gold.

b/eads
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    My LinkedIn Feed! I see most news there
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE