Options

Eric Conrad 3rd edition vs. 2nd edition

Resonate!Resonate! Member Posts: 23 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I have read the Sybex book and want to add Eric Conrad to the studies. I have the second version which is of 2012. Has anybody compared it with the most recent one? Is it worth purchasing the 3rd edition?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think it consist mostly at the ajustment from the 2015 revision. If you only want the knowledge and don't intent to do the exam, you can read the 2nd edition. If you want to do the exam, what is 50$ to be sure to have to latest version before doing a 699$ USD exam ? Also, keep in mind that usually one book is not enough. I have SafariBooksonline, and I can tell you that I am reading more than one book to study this exam.
  • Options
    jimjjimjjimjjimj Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Get a free one week risk at safaribooksonline and then you can check out the latest Conrad along with lots of other resources.
  • Options
    jimjjimj wrote: »
    Get a free one week risk at safaribooksonline and then you can check out the latest Conrad along with lots of other resources.

Sorry I meant one week free trial
  • Options
    Resonate!Resonate! Member Posts: 23 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you both! The 3rd edition is en route, will add some stuff from safaribooksonline to studies as well. Any good ones apart from Sybex and Eric Conrad? I also have AIO 6th edition, but so far I did not plan to use it to a large extent.
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you don't already have a subscription to SafariBooksOnline, go to ACM and get a one year membership for $99. It includes access to Skillsoft, Safari, etc. Might be well worth the price.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    Resonate! wrote: »
    Thank you both! The 3rd edition is en route, will add some stuff from safaribooksonline to studies as well. Any good ones apart from Sybex and Eric Conrad? I also have AIO 6th edition, but so far I did not plan to use it to a large extent.

If you like audio, then I recommend the Simple CISSP Audiobook by Phil Martin. If you don't already have an audible subscription you can get one free audiobook (just remember to cancel within a month and you'll pay nothing).