Options

CRISC Group for November/December 2017

woodworkwoodwork Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Who else is taking it towards the end of this year? I've registered to take it at the end of November.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    manaol2112manaol2112 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Planning to take it second week of December. Passed the CISA last December 2016 as well.
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Oh wow it's been a while since I log to the site. I'm planning to Take it in November. I need help getting the right materials for the exam, I have more than 15 years experience in IT including 5 years in Business Continuity, Risk Management and Information Security.
  • Options
    semsem010semsem010 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi all,
    i am planning in Dec. 2017, i have the book 6th (new) but Q&A 2015 (400 qes., old), if any one can help me wz copy of the new (500 qes.) Q&A or DB, thanks all.
  • Options
    soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am thinking of taking this in December. Is there a second chance if you fail? It is a costly exam!
    2018 Achievements:
    Cloud Essentials SME
    Project+
    CRISC

2019 To conquer:
    Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!
  • Options
    dazmandazman Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just had the pass email from ISACA today; I took it 6th November. I was very tired during study and whilst taking the exam, and managed a 594.
    The exam took *5* hours due to exam center local Internet connection stoppage problems, and during the 5th hour I was falling asleep.

I only used the review book and exam book. I read the book 3 times. Once as a skim, the second to highlight, and the third more deeply. I set timeblocks around this process. I only took each of the chapter tests from the test book once.

Most of the questions should be clear-cut if you actually understand the book. I have just over 3 years working in risk. I also have ITIL service management and a fair bit of technical implementation/ management experience, as well as ISO 27001. It's also worth reading COBIT and most of the other references that the book highlights. The ISACA book is around 90% of the knowledge you need. Besides, to be a professional in this field, you should understand the neccessity of this anyways.

About 5-10 questions were very hard to discern the answer to, and I flagged those and changed some of them near the end. Some I was less certain of. By my score, even though it's not easily discernable, I must have gotten around 20-25 questions wrong, assuming that the 70% minimum equates to 105 correct answers. Getting 20-25 questions wrong equates to around 82% which on the face of it sounds good, but in reality I expect more from myself. Therefore I'l be revisiting the content to reinforce and improve my knowledge over time.

Still, a pass is a pass and good luck to all of you. Don't sweat it, and make sure you relax and eat and sleep well in the days running up the exam. If your own situation isn't perfect, take a chill pill and relax. The question layout is exactly like the test book, and you know you know your stuff so you'll be OK.