About To Start MCSA WIN 10 {Books}

Nuke895Nuke895 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

First time poster here. I have recently completed the CompTIA big 3 (A+/ net+/Security+) and am about to dive into WIN 10 MCSA (figure this then server 2016 since much will carry over.).
mainly wanted to ask what reading materials would you guys recommend for these exams?
I only saw Sybex and ExamRef books (wasn't fan of Sybex for Net+) what is the best, and any other materials you could recommend.

Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used the Microsoft Press books for mine. They are very concise and to the point, and cover everything in the exam blueprint. I didn't find anything in them that was out of date or irrelevant, and passed both of my exams first time.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used the Sybex books for both of my Win 10 exams as the ExamRef books didnt feel complete. Also you have Technet which will help you get all the information you need. Problem is compared to the books, the information is all over the place.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• djrabesdjrabes Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, you are better of getting Windows 10 before getting your Server 2016 certification. I'm currently working on 70-698, I'm using Pluralsight, CBT Nuggets and the Microsoft Exam Ref Book. There's a little bit of Server 2016 in the course, so get your head around AD DS, GPO and a little bit of DNS on the server side. This will help when it comes to starting Windows Server exams.
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10
    Studying: Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
    Want: MCSA: Office 365, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure), Network+, Security+
  • Nuke895Nuke895 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Phalanx wrote: »
    I used the Microsoft Press books for mine. They are very concise and to the point, and cover everything in the exam blueprint. I didn't find anything in them that was out of date or irrelevant, and passed both of my exams first time.

By Microsoft Press you mean the Green ExamREF Books?
    you said you passed both first time after reading these, what other materials did you use if any>?
  • PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, the Microsoft Press are the green ones.

I combined the books with my CBT Nuggets subscription and cross-referenced the two. People on these boards know my style of revision and how I do my cross-referencing. ;) What I tend to do is read the book, then watch the videos, then combine both and makes notes directly into the book that combine the information from the videos into it, then go through the book once more. :)

Works pretty well, and I do one book in about a month.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert