CGEIT Preperatioin

corpseccorpsec Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
What is a safe score on the practice CGEIT test questions to pass the exam? Unlike CISM/CRISC there are only 250 questions from ISACA.

Comments

• rvsivarvsiva Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Those 250 Q&A are enough to study and pass the exam.. kindly understand the concept
  • johnj6425johnj6425 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm considering taking the CGEIT exam, but not convinced it will help with my career, just my overall knowledge of the subject. Value for the money?
  • ss207kss207k Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am studying it now for the Aug exam. It's a very dry topic although sme parts are interesting. I am studying the review manuals and have also bought the QnA review.
  • asiru77asiru77 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ss207k wrote: »
    I am studying it now for the Aug exam. It's a very dry topic although sme parts are interesting. I am studying the review manuals and have also bought the QnA review.

agreed i am also experiences the same
  • SecurityGuru23SecurityGuru23 Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    All - Will CGEIT bring any value in terms of career advancement? Specifically in salary increase? What are everyone's thoughts? I've been hesitant on whether to get it or not, as I don't see that there are much of an ROI, if any...

-SG
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Depends what you want to get out of it.If it's ROI from a list of desirable certifcations asked for by employers then probably not. However if its due to knowledge obtained which can lead to bigger better things (e.g. Security director) then perhaps.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
    Got my exam day after tomorrow! I think I am ok with some of the topics not all though. the resource utilisation topic is insanely theoretical and very very high up there..

I like the governance/risk adn strategy topics though. Hopefully should make it.
  • TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
    ss207k wrote: »
    Got my exam day after tomorrow! I think I am ok with some of the topics not all though. the resource utilisation topic is insanely theoretical and very very high up there..

I like the governance/risk adn strategy topics though. Hopefully should make it.

How did the exam go for you?
    Was good actually. I passed it (provisional). Waiting for the detailed results.

In terms of study material, I read the 250 QnA and the main book from ISACA once and skimmed through the book previous day. Didn't have enough time to refer to other material.

Exam itself -
    It wasn't too difficult. I went through all the questions in one sitting, flagging the ones that I wasn't sure of. It took about 150 minutes. Then I went for a 10 min break and reviewed it again. It took about 60 minutes. Left with about 15 minutes to spare.
    Got my detailed results today:
    orking Group.
    We are pleased to inform you that you successfully PASSED the exam with a total scaled score of 615. For your information, your exam results by area are provided below.

Framework for the Governance of Enterprise IT 683
    Strategic Management 557
    Benefits Realization 489
    Risk Optimization 683
    Resource Optimization 606

Could have done better on benefits realisation, oh well...