How long to wait after CCNA before CCNP???

pujan96pujan96 Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey all,

I passed the CCNA ICND2 exam a week ago and was wondering on how long everyone waited before there CCNP journey began?

Thanks
[X] CCNA R&S

[X] CCNP Route 300-101
[  ] CCNP Switch 300-115
[  ] CCNP T-Shoot 300-135

[  ]  NPDESI 300-550

[  ] CCIE R&S Written
[  ] CCIE R&S LAB

Comments

• Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    I started straight away on ccnp.

I found the new ccna has quite a bit of overlap with the ccnp so I thought it best to strike while the irons hot so to speak
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Go after it right now especially if you already have a networking job. If you wait to long to get settled into a networking career you will forget a lot of things.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do yourself a favor and listen to these nice people.. as soon as possible. Seeing how your knowledge is still fresh, you'll just add some new bits to what you've already learned in CCNA. If you let too much time pass / go by, you'll forget some of the more in-detail stuff you ought to be familiar with fresh out of the CCNA.

Good luck & go for it!
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Congrats on the pass! You should buy the books/videos and start straight away!

Do you have the materials already? Wll your company sponsor you?

I found I started mine pretty much instantly.. ended up stopping for 6 months and carried on !
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Jump right in, it will only add to your CCNA knowledge and make you better at your job assuming you are working in the field. If not the knowledge alone would help you immensely in job interviews.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    On my CCNA/P Security journey, I would order the book for the next exam before completing the current one. When I passed an exam I began studying for another one the next day.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS