Comptia Linux + Both Test (103 & 104)

stevelsdstevelsd Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am studying for the Linux Foundation\Red Hat System Admin tests using the CentOS 7.4.
I am seeing how beneficial studying the Comptia Linux + test along side it.

The concern: My understanding is the Comptia Linux + is based off CentOS 6 (there are diffs from 7) - Do I need to learn CentOS 6 as well to pass the Comptia Linux + test?

Also wondering is there any differences within a Debian installation between 8.x and a later 8.x version for this Comptia test?

Thanks ahead of time
Steve

Comments

• yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CentOS 6 to 7 -- the jump to SystemD. The pre SystemD commands are still backwards compatible. You'd just be kind of learning both, which sucks a bit. With both LFCS and RHCSA why bother with the lowly Linux+ though?
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • mike44nycmike44nyc Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i just started lessons on udemy - learn linux in 5 days, and Learn Linux administration. Do you guyz think will that be enough to pass Linux exam or should i get more content from a cloudguru Certified CompTIA Linux+ and LPIC-1: System Administrator
  • jibtechjibtech Member Posts: 424 ■■■■■□□□□□
    By far, the most recommended approach to Linux+ or LPIC-1 is Linux Academy.

I can't imagine that anything called Learn Linux in 5 Days will get you there.
    well that 5 day course is from linuxtrainingacademy.com
  • jibtechjibtech Member Posts: 424 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I don't know that one. Linux Academy refers to the link below. By far, the best class for Linux+.

https://linuxacademy.com
    finally i got answer from the linuxtrainingacademy.com they said they dont prep you for the cert just expand you knowledge, i gues im gonna go with linuxacademy then or acloud guru
    i just joined linux academy, i think i will spend lot of time on that website definitely
    hi jibtech! you are definitely right about the linux school. Its by far the best. I think i will do all the cloud course plus linux