Questions from the CPTS exam

Claud MurdockClaud Murdock Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Here are some of the questions I remember from the CPTS test I sat for. This was a VERY odd test (maybe I got a bad version of it) to which oddly enought half the test was over SQL stuff I had never messed with...

*What is a Type of Password Cracking that will ALWAYS crack a password?

- Dictionary, Hybrid, Brute Force, Rainbow Crack, John The Ripper

I put Brute Force (thought about Hybrid) because Rainbows Tables don't guarantee cracking at all, the more complex the tables are, the less success rate it has.

*Given enough time, and Resources, what can eventually crack a password?

- Dictionary, Hybrid, Brute Force, Ranbow Tables

this was oddly similar of a question to the first (there were many almost identical questions), but I still put Hybrid.

***THE NETCAT QUESTION THAT WAS ADDRESSED IN THE OTHER POST

*What is a Penetration Test?

-There were may definitions, to which were too long to quite the specific answer, but it was easy, so you can figure it out.

These were the only Q's I can remember at the present time (it's early in the morning), but when I recall some others, I'll post them, hope this helps!

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Didn't you sign or agree to the standard Non-Disclosure Agreement that every vendor I know of makes you agree with before you can take the exam? icon_eek.gif

For example, not telling others what questions are on the exam? I am not talkiing about general stuff like "Make sure you know the different kinds of password attacks", but you aren't supposed to actually quote a test question.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Claud, do you actually have any of the security certifications listed at the end of your post? It would seem that someone who has any security certs better than Security+ would not be confused by such questions. I'm also certain that a CISSP-certified security professional would realize that posting exam questions in a public forum is all the (ISC)2 needs to strip you of your CISSP standing and blacklist you in the InfoSec community.
  • Claud MurdockClaud Murdock Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    number one, thank you both for the "positive" input. Yes I have these Certifications, and thank you a head of time for reporting me to ISC (how kind of you). Another post was made on this subject, and these aren't the exact Q's as a recall. If a may quote something that has been done many a time "So Sue Me!". I am trying to be helpful, not open to ridicule. So much for these forums being friendly.

I was going off of a generality, if I were able to quote it exactly, then I would be an actor right now. I have a horrific memory, and I am just stating what the jist of the questions. The conceptual part is different, than if I were to say something like "When you have the square root of 25 and you divide it by 5, and multiply it by the original faction, you have...". Give me a break.

As far as you dare questioning my word, look me up on ISC's site, Jon Murdock. I am just speechless that you would say such a thing. I didn't earn these certs to have people call me a liar, just because I have more experience in security. I passed my test first run out thank you very much.
  • jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    ooops, I am starting a new thread for my original question
    get back to studying!!!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    ... and thank you a head of time for reporting me to ISC (how kind of you).
    Jon, no posting in this thread has indicated that anyone here has reported you to the (ISC)2.
    I am trying to be helpful, not open to ridicule. So much for these forums being friendly.
    These are friendly, helpful forums filled with friendly, helpful people. However, there are certain subjects that the moderators have a very low tolerance for, such as advertising spam, abusive language, and discussion or solicitation of exam cheating materials (a.k.a. "braindumps"). Posting even paraphrased questions from actual certification exams is not allowed.
    As far as you dare questioning my word, ... I didn't earn these certs to have people call me a liar ...
    Once again, Jon, no one here has questioned your word or called you a liar. There is only a question of your motivation for posting questions that you claimed to have seen on an actual certification exam. I think we've established that it was an innocent mistake and nothing more. Please feel free to particitape and enjoy yourself here on TechExams.net. :)
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hi Claud. JD is exactly right, and I'm certain he's not trying to be hard on you.

As your humble moderator I feel obligated to let you know that I am an ISC2 Authorized Learning Partner and Trainer. I'm also on the Certification advisory board as well. I would STRONGLY advise against posting information such as some of the info you posted in the original post. You started the post with "some of the questions I remember", then you rebuffed after JD's post with "they're not exactly what I remember". I too am a little concerned that you passed the CISSP and had trouble with the questions you have listed as "wierd".

Keatron.
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    jdmurray wrote:
    Claud, do you actually have any of the security certifications listed at the end of your post? It would seem that someone who has any security certs better than Security+ would not be confused by such questions. I'm also certain that a CISSP-certified security professional would realize that posting exam questions in a public forum is all the (ISC)2 needs to strip you of your CISSP standing and blacklist you in the InfoSec community.

This is correct. You don't even have to be referring to the CISSP to have your certification revoked. For example, you could be talking about exact questions you had on a Microsoft exam, and have your CISSP revoked because of that. I promise you I know have SEEN it happen.

Just be careful, as a training partner, I do have certain obligations to report certain things. To this date, I don't know of any Techexams member being de-certified, and I'm certain we'd all like to keep it that way. Bottom line is this; no matter how you put it, you were being too specific. You even mentioned the question choices then told us the answer you chose. You can't be much more specific than that.
    Claud (Jon):

When I originally saw your post, I would have simply deleted it. However, I can only do that on the MS forums, likewise JD with the forums he moderates. My questioning of your post was justified and if you'll see the responses from all of the Moderators of TE to your other posts I think you'll have to agree we're a very friendly and encouraging group. Please don't take offence because you were called for posting, in your own words;
    some of the questions I remember from the CPTS test I sat for

We like having you here and you have posted some good stuff. Let's leave this one alone for now and move on.
  • Claud MurdockClaud Murdock Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying earlier, I see what the point was you were trying to make, and I apologize. No more shall I discuss tests I've taken (content), I was a little brash as well when I was going off on you, which was unjust and immature. I am once again sorry, and hope I have not offended anyone with a prolonged affect.
    No offence taken on my part Claud.
    Thanks for your reply. :)