Pass the CEH today

changlinnchanglinn Member Posts: 42 ■■■□□□□□□□
A bit disappointing I didn't get a score at the end, and I know I got one wrong...

I used the CEH v9 Sybex Study guide (read it pretty much cover to cover), used almost all the CEH v9 question apps on the google play store (the best one is the ugliest one CEH Quiz Questions, it also has a SQLi in the app in the ultimate display of irony). Also used the free Skillset (and labs), and Boson.
Work has a corporate ITProTV licence, which was good (listened to a bunch of the audio in the car while doing some long drives with the kids) watched all the videos and then did a Boson test and rewatch the videos for the sections in Boson I got sub 80% on.
The thing missing from the ITProTV videos where the mobile hacking, which was on the damn test... but I think I got through due to reading the Sybex book on this.

I built a virtual box lab to follow along some of the exercises in the book, but I didn't get any labs, just multiple choice. Need to know your encryption, hashing and ciphers, SQL, DNS, SSL/TLS and the vulnerabilities of late. Pretty easy test all things considered, but who knows maybe I only scored 701...
A+, C|EH, CISSP, CISM, CRISC, GSTRT, MCSA:Messaging, MCSE:Security
"Brain does not meet certification requirements, please install more certifications" Me
Currently Studying: Cyber Security masters and ISC2 CCSP.
Security blog; http://security.morganstorey.com

Comments