ISACA CISM QAE database in detail

E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
I've seen a few questions about the online QAE so I hope this helps.

There's a dashboard that tracks your progress leading up to the exam. It shows your performance by domain and score for each session.

There are a total of 1,001 questions (see the breakdown per domain below).

You can do an adaptive practice exam where questions are chosen at random from the entire database or you can do a customized session where you select a category and focus on an entire domain or a subcategory within a domain. You can look at a detailed progress report to see how you perform on each subcategory.

You can further customize the practice exams by selecting new questions (questions you haven't seen yet), missed last time seen (answered incorrectly on the previous attempt), or trouble questions (answered incorrectly on numerous attempts).
Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS

Comments

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■

The online QAE database was definitely worth it for me.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Off the back of yours, and others advice, I too bought this DB. An absolute awesome resource!
    CISSP
    CISM
    Great write up btw!
    CISSP
    CISM
  • jaguaarjaguaar Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for very informative thread. You have explained everything very clearly. I will buy my membership soon
    No problem guys!
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Good review! The QAE DB should be the only resource used for anyone with experience in the respective domains for the ISACA certs. I used only the QAE DB for the CISM/CISA/CRISC.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • jaguaarjaguaar Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    so this will cost $185 for 12 months access? Is there any cheaper option to buy from amazon or used copy from online stores like Amazon?
    @ JoJoCal19 - I relied more on the QAE DB, but still read the manual since I had it.

@ jaguaar - I am not aware of a cheaper alternative.
    Just received the email from ISACA stating that I am officially certified.
    E Double U wrote: »
    Just received the email from ISACA stating that I am officially certified.

Awesome! Massive congrats. 👍
    CISSP
    CISM
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats E Double U!!!!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    Thanks guys! Feels good to cross something else off of my list.
  • datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Good review! The QAE DB should be the only resource used for anyone with experience in the respective domains for the ISACA certs. I used only the QAE DB for the CISM/CISA/CRISC.

I used with CRISC and CISM and it really is all that you need. I made sure that I saw every question in the database at least once.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

• tpop17tpop17 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you have to be a member of ISACA to find this database on the site? I know that sounds like a strange question, but I can't seem to find the QAE DB anywhere, but I'm also not a member
  • ay092017ay092017 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome resource, thanks for the info.
    I am showing very quick improvement on scores using the adaptive testing.

My questions is:

How close are the CISM QAE questions to the actual exam questions?

thanks!
  • ay092017ay092017 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    And congratulations of the awesome achievement!
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @ tpop17 - You can find the QAE DB here, but I'm not sure if you have to be a member before you can buy stuff at the ISACA Bookstore.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
    Membership is not required to purchase the database.
  • JMozza5JMozza5 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I just went to buy my QAE subscription and wanted to let everyone know that the ISACA bookstore is having a sale right now for the next day or so. icon_thumright.gif
  • rasli79rasli79 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi! Can i confirm that this QADB is web based or if not, is this application working with MacOSX?
  • rasli79rasli79 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Okay, just got the information

The CISM® Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Database is a comprehensive 1000-question pool of items that contains the questions from the CISM® Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 9th Edition.

The database is available via the web, allowing our CISM candidates to log in at home, at work or anywhere they have Internet connectivity. The database is MAC and Windows compatible.”