Options

Free Splunk Training for Vets

Splunk is offering free training for Veterans: https://workplus.splunk.com/veterans
Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow

Comments

• Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Wonderful. Thanks for pointing this out.
  • Options
    mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice find!
    Note - I did a small Splunk project a few years ago and listed it as a bullet-point on my resume. I get so many calls from recruiters about that! If you have DoD experience and any knowledge of Splunk (along with 8570 certs), you will be very marketable.
  • Options
    SnooperSnooper Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I wish they offered it free to others too. Splunk is very useful and in demand tool. It would be nice to have a short course and a certificate to go along
  • Options
    mr.comfortablymr.comfortably Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was literally thinking all day at work. "I really want to learn splunk buts it's so expensive to get another cert right now."
    The moment I get on techexams, I saw this post.

Just signed up,

I'm excited, thanks!! icon_cheers.gif

Currently working on my ICND2
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thanks for the information, work is going to roll Splunk out in a few months and I came here to see if anybody had taken any training. Signed up this afternoon.
  • Options
    GirlyGirlGirlyGirl Member Posts: 219
    dmoore44 wrote: »
    Splunk is offering free training for Veterans: https://workplus.splunk.com/veterans

Addition:

For you all that are enrolling and taking the course good luck. Download every pdf for every module/lab. It is one pdf that you will find most of the answers just by doing a CTRL+F and searching for keywords. I also took separate notes, then realized the majority of the notes I took were on the (one) pdf.

I would suggest paying the $1,000 for at the very least the Splunk Administrator training. This training is for the (Power) User. You can find the certification tracks yourself, I just believe the Administrator will yield more career and salary wise. Considering I worked for HP(E), Splunk and ArcSight has some similarities. Or should I say some of the same functionalities. I think ArcSight does more and has more functionalities for bigger organizations or just more functionalities... Maybe that is why HPE isn't offering free training. Or maybe I am biased.

Either way pay the extra for the more advanced training. Go on indeed and put in Splunk and see how many hits you get. Then come back in a week, put in Spunk and see how many more hits you get. See for yourself. Stop investing in eLearn Security and actually invest in a $1,000 Splunk Admin course that will get noticed and set you apart from your counterparts. You don't have to be a veteran, or current military to pay them $1,000. So no excuses. Who would you rather hire someone who is Power User certified or Admin Certified? Exactly my point. The training is a good introduction. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks GirlyGirl!!
    GirlyGirl wrote: »
    Addition:

For you all that are enrolling and taking the course good luck. Download every pdf for every module/lab. It is one pdf that you will find most of the answers just by doing a CTRL+F and searching for keywords. I also took separate notes, then realized the majority of the notes I took were on the (one) pdf.

I would suggest paying the $1,000 for at the very least the Splunk Administrator training. This training is for the (Power) User. You can find the certification tracks yourself, I just believe the Administrator will yield more career and salary wise. Considering I worked for HP(E), Splunk and ArcSight has some similarities. Or should I say some of the same functionalities. I think ArcSight does more and has more functionalities for bigger organizations or just more functionalities... Maybe that is why HPE isn't offering free training. Or maybe I am biased.

Either way pay the extra for the more advanced training. Go on indeed and put in Splunk and see how many hits you get. Then come back in a week, put in Spunk and see how many more hits you get. See for yourself. Stop investing in eLearn Security and actually invest in a $1,000 Splunk Admin course that will get noticed and set you apart from your counterparts. You don't have to be a veteran, or current military to pay them $1,000. So no excuses. Who would you rather hire someone who is Power User certified or Admin Certified? Exactly my point. The training is a good introduction. Just my opinion.
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"