Options

13 Years old A+ and Network+

It has been a while I got my A+. Very while. lol...I'm taking Security+ soon and those 2 will be automatically renewed so I'm not really worried. Today, I was just wondering what are the things they neither ask nor have the technology those days. I have come up with some stuffs. Please help me by adding more to the list so I can know better :) Thanks.

Things they didn't have in 2004.

1. VPN
2. Cloud
3. Windows 10,8,7
4. No Appstore
5. Office 365
6. One Doc
7. Gmail
what else?
"If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."

Comments

• Options
    coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
    They did have VPN in 04 but it wasn't used as much as now.
    "If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."
  • Options
    mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In 2004, security for most organizations was mostly antivirus and firewall. Nowadays, there is intrusion detection, SEIM, patching compliance (compliant with various organizational entities such as PCI, etc). Cloud and virtual are huge these days, in 2004 VMWare was just getting started and cloud wasn't really a "thing." Also, things like AWS and Azure (big cloud providers), Facebook Twitter & LinkedIn have their fingers in almost every web page with their "widgets" and there is little (if any) privacy. Also, ISPs are funneling all your websurfing metedata into gigantic databases because "security" (but nobody can really say what that means, really.) Net neutrality is a big deal and your rights are slowly disappearing thanks to Congress.
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    coldbug wrote: »
    It has been a while I got my A+. Very while. lol...I'm taking Security+ soon and those 2 will be automatically renewed so I'm not really worried. Today, I was just wondering what are the things they neither ask nor have the technology those days. I have come up with some stuffs. Please help me by adding more to the list so I can know better :) Thanks.

Things they didn't have in 2004.

1. VPN
    2. Cloud
    3. Windows 10,8,7
    4. No Appstore
    5. Office 365
    6. One Doc
    7. Gmail
    what else?

Download the Security+ Objectives here:

https://certification.comptia.org/training/exam-objectives

Here is link to an author that helped me pass the security + several years ago

Security+ Blog Links | Get Certified Get Ahead
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor