GCFE practice exam to give away

hilldhilld Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, I just finished my GCFE exam yesterday and have a couple practice exams to give away. I am giving ONE away here and ONE on the Sans Advisory board.

To claim your free exam, the first person to guess a number between 1 and 100 (inclusive) and respond here in the next 24 hours will get the exam. The first response that guesses my number wins, if nobody wins, the closest guess wins. The time you respond doesn't matter, I want to give everyone a fair shot. I will PM you asking for your sans account number or associated email address so I can transfer the practice exam to you. You need to have a sans/giac account in order to receive the practice exam. The practice exam expires on 12/17/17.

Let the replies begin.

Derek

Comments

• TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations.

While I can understand having one extra practice test, if you did great you first one, but to not use either one? Your a braver soul them me. I don't think I'd risk going in cold turkey without taking at least one of the practice tests to see if I'm ready for the exam. Especially considering it not a cheap exam or retake. An OSCP retake is only 60 bucks, a GIAC exam retake is $729.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'll take it and congratulations!

My guess is lucky #3.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Saw the post on the AB. Thanks for spreading the wealth.
  • airzeroairzero Member Posts: 126
    I'd love the test if I can get it. I'll guess 77!

Either way thanks for sharing with others.
  • al88al88 Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! My guess is #50 =)!
  • hilldhilld Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TechGromit wrote: »
    Congratulations.

While I can understand having one extra practice test, if you did great you first one, but to not use either one? Your a braver soul them me. I don't think I'd risk going in cold turkey without taking at least one of the practice tests to see if I'm ready for the exam. Especially considering it not a cheap exam or retake. An OSCP retake is only 60 bucks, a GIAC exam retake is $729.

Actually, I didn't use either one of them, I am giving them both away, 1 here and 1 on the SANS advisory board. I have never ever taken a practice exam. I spend several months preparing and the lowest I have ever scored on a GIAC exam is an 88 and I have taken 5 of them so far. My index is not simply a keyword, page, but it actually includes summaries of all the items on a page. It works for me, maybe not for everyone.
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Saw the post on the AB. Thanks for spreading the wealth.

That means that somebody that pays attention to both can have 2 entries in the giveaway, but I see you already have a GCFE. Next on my list hopefully is the GCIA and then the all elusive GSE.
    E Double U wrote: »
    I'll take it and congratulations!

My guess is lucky #3.

You are the winner, my number was 7. Please PM me your email address on your SANS account and I will transfer the exam to you.
  • IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just saw both posts now...icon_sad.gif

Congrats on the pass and thanks for sharing the wealth with others.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    hilld wrote: »
    You are the winner, my number was 7. Please PM me your email address on your SANS account and I will transfer the exam to you.

They don't call it lucky #3 for nothing. icon_cheers.gif
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS