CISM Application Approval Time

cbdudekcbdudek Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just filled out and sent in my CISM application for approval. Anyone have any ideas how long the application approval process takes since they moved to the new CBT format? I just applied for the CISM designation today so we will see how long this takes.

Comments

• ougijoeougijoe Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I actually received a response the same day I submitted my application and supporting documentation, 16 Oct. I know that's more than likely not the norm, but that was my case. Keep us posted, I'm curious as well.
  • cbdudekcbdudek Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, I have to resubmit since I used the wrong form. No big deal. I will resubmit here in the next day or so.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Two weeks for me.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Seven business days for me.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

• cbdudekcbdudek Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mine was surprisingly fast. I had to resubmit on Monday and it was approved today. Only 4 business days total.
  • andiuskuandiusku Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would say if you go a while without a change, contact them. I was under an audit / review and had no idea.

9/26 - Took exam, computer informed me I passed

10/5 - Received email with official exam results

10/20 - Finally submitted application via email (former supervisor took a while to sign off on my experience)

10/23 - Received notification my app has passed first review and is on its way to second review. Portal says "Under Review"

10/30 - I contacted them for a status update. They said my application was being audited and they had emailed my former supervisor on 10/26 for verification. I had been checking the portal several times a day but my application status didn't say it was being audited until Customer Service replied to my email. I followed up with my supervisor, he responded immediately and I got them to confirm his response.

10/31 - In my email exchange with customer service they say my app has been approved and I will be certified in 2-3 business days. The portal still says I'm being audited.

11/2 - My application status changes to "Approved" in the portal

So at this point I've passed the exam, paid the fees and my application is approved but it still says "Not certified".

I've read elsewhere that from here I will be certified in the next " certification batch", whatever that means. I'm a bit impatient about it as I have a few job applications to fill out as soon as things are official.
  • SpanSpan Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Emailed my paperwork in late the morning and was certified by the next day around lunchtime.
    Guess the turnaround time must be dependant on workload or some other obscure process.
  • kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
    Span wrote: »
    Emailed my paperwork in late the morning and was certified by the next day around lunchtime.
    Guess the turnaround time must be dependant on workload or some other obscure process.
    Yes that is exceptional fast.
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    My CISA took about 2 weeks to post, then about a week once I submitted the paperwork...I definitely think they review based on workload somehow.