Sans 401 practice exam

ahmed.oudaahmed.ouda Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dears,

How i get a free Sans 401 practice exams?

any recommendations

thanks is advance

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    You get two for free when you pay for the exam.
  • ahmed.oudaahmed.ouda Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is there any way to get the practice exam without paying for the exam?
    or any questions from anywhere for just learning
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Nope, that's not how SANS/GIAC works. If you don't pay for training and want to challenge the exam you need to find whatever sources you can to cover the published objectives. You will not find a definitive 3rd party source like other certs.

BTW, SANS 401 is the class. Technically the exam is GSEC.
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you know somebody who has unused practice exams they could actually send it to you if have an account, but they expire after so long from purchase.

There is a GSEC practice book on Amazon, but I’m not sure how good it is and it’s several years old. SSCP or Security+ are similar level certifications and would help a lot with preparation.

I believe if you purchase a challenge for the exam they give you a practice exam or two...I would check on the GIAC website to confirm that.

SANS/GIAC are highly regarded and honestly people who have gone through them want to protect their value.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    GIAC certifications are not for someone that is on a budget, if you not willing to invest $1,500 to 2k minimum, GIAC's are not for you. Unless you have an employer willing to pick up the tab.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • supasecuritybrosupasecuritybro Member Posts: 206 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Completed: CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, CCSA R80, eJPT, CySA+, M.S. Information Security
    Current Goal: CCSE
    Continuous Education Plan:​ AWS-SAA, OSCP, CISM
    Book/CBT/Study Material:​ Max Power