Boson Practice Exams Software from 1990s!

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
Can't believe this. So I purchased one of their exams and then I got a link to download an .exe file that I can only run from a Windows machine!!!

No online access, accessing it through mobile app is science fiction.

So not only that they're not mobile-ready, you can't even do it online. That's how things were done prior to Internet in early 1990s!

Comments

• thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Were you even alive in the 1990s? If it was in the 1990s you probably would have had to purchase it over the phone(most likely using a landline) and then you would’ve been shipped some floppies to install the program from.
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I didn't realize download links were available prior to the Internet.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    Are you defending Boson? Funny how you're in IT which is supposed to be about change, but yet defend a company that still lives in 1990s!!!
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I've just recently used Boson exam simulator for the last 2 weeks on my laptop and passed my exam yesterday. I personally didn't have an issue with the software not being online and had supplementary apps to cover my knowledge base on my phone. No complaints here. Disclaimer: I'm not a Boson employee.

Cheers,
  • Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    Their exams simply will not work on mobile or via web browser that is why.

Its a standard engine with extras for sims. Good luck getting those sims working in flash or html5

Also have you sat a cisco test lately? Those are 1990s software
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Boson gives you an authentic experience like your taking a Cisco exam at the testing center. Some people want that in a practice test.

When I go to the testing center, the exam isn't going to be on my phone or a webpage. It's going to be on a 2007 desktop, possibly a ball mouse (can't remember if they upgraded), and of course Cisco's really old testing software.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    For the record, the internet has been around well before the 1990s.
  • sillymcnastysillymcnasty Member Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Once you use the Boson exam simulator, you'll understand why. I mean sure they can give you a link, but it is a good software.