Options

Advise on Certs/Studies to meet GOAL

nestorhnestorh Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys. First of all thanks for being such a good community. Just started the cert world and got the ITIL Foundation this week.

Wanted to ask you about my current goal: I want to manage projects, be in a upper, director role where I can lead a company and make (good) impactful decisions, whereas it is working for someone else or on my own company(ies), since I have a entrepreneur spirit and tons of ideas, but I'd be ok with any.

I was thinking about taking this certs, for now:
- Agile method: SCRUM PSM 1 (short term)
- IT Governance: Cobit 5 Foundation (short term)
- Project Management: PMP (mid term, maybe in a year or so)
- Masters: MBA (mid - long term, starting in 2 years or so)

How do you see it? Please share your comments about your knowledge/experience and advise on what you would remove/add. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    PMP requires five years of project management experience. Their definition is pretty loose but if you're new, you might struggle in coming up with five years.
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you're going for an MBA, once you've taken the project management course you can use that to satisfy the 40 something-odd hours of class training requirement to go for the CAPM, which is like a baby PMP but without the 7500 (5 year) experience requirement. That 7500 hours is only 4500 with a degree.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP