Bundle Discount

adamj2281adamj2281 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone have/know of a 10% discount code for the Security+ bundle that's priced at $397 right now? I was thinking the re-test option would be worth it if it was only about $90 more than the single test option.

Comments

• PersianImmortalPersianImmortal Member Posts: 124 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • adamj2281adamj2281 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    adamj2281 wrote: »
    Does anyone have/know of a 10% discount code for the Security+ bundle that's priced at $397 right now? I was thinking the re-test option would be worth it if it was only about $90 more than the single test option.

No luck, I may just have to pass the first time
    No luck with any of the codes, which sucks, because a $85 or so difference makes it a bit easier to swallow, $110 just to make sure i don't fail the first time is harder to stomach. Unless of course, I do fail the first time and have to cough up another $275.
  • LSageeLSagee Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had the same line of thinking as you when I was doing Sec+. I don't think any discount codes work for the bundle because CompTia advertises it as a "49% savings". Therefor the discount is already included. If you have an .edu email you can get the academic discount that drops the voucher price to around $200 if memory serves me correctly. That is for one voucher only though. They do not offer the bundle on the academic page.
  • BUGFREEBUGFREE Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you have an .edu email address it is $203.00 for the single test.
    Passed - didn't need the backup but oh well, it's a writeoff I guess. Scored a 802:

-No IT security background (just a basic systems engineer working mostly on Electronic Security Systems)
    -Read Gibson's boook
    -Watched Professor Messor videos/listened to podcasts
    -Took every practice exam I could get my hands on - Professor Messor, Gibson, etc.
  • BUGFREEBUGFREE Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The next exam up is CISSP, which I'll take a class for, any suggestions on books, etc. to get started?
  • LSageeLSagee Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's great! Congrats. I also bought the bundle for Sec+ and didn't need the extra voucher either. I was a little poo-poo about spending the money too but better safe than sorry. I don't have anything to add concerning CISSP but good luck reaching for the stars.