ITIL Certification Intermediate Advise (?)

JOAITILJOAITIL Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All

I passed the ITIL Operational Support and Analysis (OSA) Exam and I would like to continue with the Service Lifecycle modules. I am currently studying for the Service Strategy.

1) I am using the SS Sample Tests from my ATO, please can you recommend where I could obtain additional SS Sample Tests?
2) What would you recommend after the Service Strategy and why?

Thank you very much for your help and support.

Best regards
JOA from London/UK

Comments

• Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi JOA,

Congratulations on passing OSA! There aren't any extra sample exams for SS, but your ATO should be able to give you extra capability papers - they don't cover quite the same material but are useful for practice. Try PPO and SOA. Neither are a 100% match, but they'll be useful.

For your next course, I would recommend you select something that will support you in the career path you wish to follow. If that's not clear yet, then learning about management of change is always useful so RCV or ST, and CSI also teaches some very valuable concepts.

Kind regards

Claire
  • JOAITILJOAITIL Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Claire

Thank you very much for your support and advise, very much appreciated. I work as a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, I lead many projects which involves a lot of change management and introducing new technologies into the environment. I will pursue the Service Transition. If I am not mistaken the ITIL Capability is more technical and the ITIL Lifecycle is managerial.

I really appreciate this forum and thanks again for taking the time to respond to our questions.

Kind regards
    JOA/London
    Hi JOA you're quite right, the lifecycle stream is for those who will implement or manage processes, and the capabilities more for those working with them day to day. Enjoy the training! Claire
  • baSt4et8baSt4et8 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Claire, Do you have any updates on the 2017 ITIL foundation exam? I didnt pass it from the first time and dont want to fail it again...
    Hi baSt4et8, sorry to hear you didn't get the result you needed. What preparation did you do? Did you get any information after the exam on which areas you were strong/weak in? Claire
  • baSt4et8baSt4et8 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi baSt4et8, sorry to hear you didn't get the result you needed. What preparation did you do? Did you get any information after the exam on which areas you were strong/weak in? Claire

Hi Claire,

I looked through my notes of ITIL Foundation course, done exam papers, but I dont like tests and even though I know the answer, i may rush and not understand it properly. And its not a native language for me so also a little confusion. My weak parts were: Functions, Technology & Architecture
    Hi baSt4et8, exams can be very challenging. Were you given extra time as a non-native speaker? We always recommend to our students that they start by going through the exam and answering the questions they are confident about - any that you're not sure of, skip on the first pass. Count up how many you answer to see how you are doing. Then, go back to the ones you need to spend a little bit more time on. If there are any you are genuinely unsure of, leave them until the very end and take a guess. There is no point spending a long time staring at one question when there are easy points to pick up further on.

Review your answers, but we always say be very wary of changing them at the last minute. I've heard many students say they wished they hadn't changed an answer.

Functions in ITIL relates to the service desk, app and tech mgt and ops mgt, so make sure you are clear on the role and scope of each of those.

If you know you don't like tests, perhaps research some breathing techniques you can use to relax. If you've done a course has your training organisation given you any support?

Claire