Options

CISSP passed

CyberwareCyberware Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed my CISSP exam on Saturday. This forum has been a great resource for me to be able to prepare for the exam. I have over 20 years of experience in technology and have been working for large scale corporations. This exam was much harder than what I had expected. Whatever I had learnt using books didn’t help. It could also be that I didn’t read enough books. I spent most of the time listening to Cybrary videos by Kelly Henderhan again and again to make sure nothing I missed. i downloaded MP3 on my phone and would listen all the time.

Just after 20 questions, I realized the following books and CCcure/transender (both) question banks were not any good. They covered the basics and were nowhere close to real exam questions. The ISC2 official app was much better help.

I had a choice to not focus and fail the exam and then I told to myself, lets answer these questions with my work experience and my confidence after about 100 question was very high telling me that I should be able to pass. This is what I do for work or an experience technology person will do. And guess what, I passed.

Books:
Official CISSP CBK 4th edition.
Eric Conrad – CISSP study guide 3rd edition
Eric Conrad – 11th hour CISSP study guide

Videos:
cissp complete video course by sari greene
Cybrary videos by Kelly Henderhan

Question bank:
CCCure
Transander

Comments

• Options
    Resonate!Resonate! Member Posts: 23 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Cyberware!

Of the test engines, do you mean the official mobile app available on App Store, saying it was more helpful? I am using it occasionally, but the impression is that it's way too easy for the test, what's your opinion on that?

How did you find the exam in terms of being managerial vs. technical?

Thanks!
  • Options
    averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing this monster!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□