Phone interview with EIGHT hiring personnel?

Polymorphic28Polymorphic28 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a phone interview tomorrow with eight people from a hiring department! I've never done a phone interview before with so many people that are responsible for hiring. I'm nervous and feel somewhat underqualified for the position. Anyone ever get through an interview like this one before successfully? Do you have any good tips? By the way, it's a management position for a defense contractor. They found me via my resume online.

Comments

• EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Smile and stand up during the call. Yes, it's a phone interview but both come through the phone as more friendly and engaged.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This interview as with most meetings, only 2 or 3 people actively are engaged with the conversation. It's my experience in most meetings, people are passive, unless they are called on for deliverables. So it doesn't matter if there are 2 or 20 on the phone, you only going to be talking to 2 or 3 anyway, the others will reading emails or other work and be barely paying attention.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Relax. Ask a lot of questions. Relax. Good luck,
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • ITSec14ITSec14 Member Posts: 398 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Some of those people might just be listening in to hear the conversations. I just landed a new job and had a phone interview with 6 people on the line, but only 3 of them actually interviewed me.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I had 8 people on the line for my interview at the job I am at now. Technical interview. Went great.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....