Amazon Key

tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
Have you heard of this? The Amazon delivery driver can go inside your house to deliver your packages. And Amazon plans to expand this to allow service providers (house cleaners, dog walkers, etc.) to use it. You set up a surveillance camera facing your door that you can monitor remotely. Nevermind that Amazon may also be able to access the camera.

https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=17285120011

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Personally I wouldn't be too worried about the Amazon carrier or Amazon watching me on their camera. I'd be more concerned with someone malicious being able to access the camera feed, knowing when I come and leave the house. Or someone being able to hack the lock (or keypad or whatever they use to get in)
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I saw this last night. One of the most ridiculous things that I've ever heard of
  • QueueQueue Member Posts: 174 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not someone that has the finer things in life (dog walkers, cleaners, etc.) However, it was my assumption that these people would already be granted access to your property.

Everything's always trying to be digitized.

The website "no more hiding the key under the mat" Someone should let Amazon know they have these handy dandy things called lock boxes (they sell them too), been working great no network connectivity needed.

Did anyone read the FAQ? What if I have a home security system? If you have a home security system you will need to disable on the in home delivery day.

If you live in an Apartment don't they have lock boxes or they'll take it in the office for large deliveries?

I guess I just don't see how this "will disrupt" anything.

If you want to see when deliveries are made they make a motion activated doorbell/camera that has internet connectivity that you could monitor. I actually want to get one. There is nothing worse then thinking a package may have been stolen from your doorstep, because you don't have it, yet there is a delivery confirmation from the company.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Makes me wonder if Amazon will assume the liability if someone hacks the Amazon key and your house gets robbed. I'm sure there will be a lengthy agreement to protect them, but if someone's house got robbed and complained to the media, I'm sure they would give you money just to avoid the bad publicity.

Personally I would avoid this like the plague, if you take a few computer security courses, you would see how vulnerable things are. It will make you want to bury your computer in the backyard and live in a cabin off the grid.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
    This one is old but I still love it. Amazon's patent back in 2016. The floating warehouse called "Amazon Prime Air". I never doubted Amazon and I don't doubt this will happen. Drone better not drop the Sony PS6 I 'd been waiting for or I will be shooting at the drone.lol
    Sky stunt: Amazon to fly warehouse to deliver you goods through drones
    "If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."
  • EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd rather chance having my package stolen than giving a stranger access to my home.