Passed the 220-901

D20D20 Member Posts: 124 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm new here. Passed the 220-901 about a month ago and i plan starting to study for the 220-902 here in about a week or so. For the test i would recommend Professor Messer's videos and his notes, and quizzes. I also have read a good bit of the Mike Meyer's book as well. I didn't do as well as i'd like to have done on the 901 in retrospect. Hope for a better score on the 902 and then on to Security +
Certifications: A+ Sec+ isc(2) CC Google Cybersecurity Certification 2024 Goals: Pass the Network+ Exam

Comments

• ScyphnScyphn Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thats AWESOME!!! I'm studying as well, and I've been listening to Messer's videos and reading Exam Cram by David L Prowse. If I may, why are you going to S+ without N+? Just curious is all. No harm intended.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the score.....those are some great resources.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • D20D20 Member Posts: 124 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I gotta get that Exam Cram book. I'd love to have another resource to learn from before taking my 902.

I'm really interested in security and i'm wanting to focus mainly on security going forward with my career. Presently i'm working as a support technician and i love where i work, but want to do something with security ultimately.

Does anyone know if S+ be easier if i have N+ first?
    Certifications: A+ Sec+ isc(2) CC Google Cybersecurity Certification 2024 Goals: Pass the Network+ Exam
    Many thanks!!!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    Ive researched these forums quite frequently and most will tell you that the Comptia exams build on each other. So yes, the S+ will be easier if you had N+ but not a requirement. Ive seen people take the S+ without A+ for that matter and still pass with flying colors. I also poked around in Darril Gibson's Get Certified Get Ahead S+ study guide and have seen networking material in it as well to include Subnetting.
    Scyphn wrote: »
    Ive researched these forums quite frequently and most will tell you that the Comptia exams build on each other. So yes, the S+ will be easier if you had N+ but not a requirement. Ive seen people take the S+ without A+ for that matter and still pass with flying colors. I also poked around in Darril Gibson's Get Certified Get Ahead S+ study guide and have seen networking material in it as well to include Subnetting.

I may need to rethink my certification path then. I want to focus on Security, but if N+ will make it easier then i may as well got for N+ first and then S+. Either way...i've got A LOT of learning ahead me! All good though...it will only help me gain knowledge and make me more valuable for my employer.
    Yeah but there are a plethora of people who didn't take the N+ before S+. So it is possible.