Options

Freelance instructor IT certifications

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys:

So I need some extra $$ for the holidays and thought why not offer tutoring for say IT certifications. Something like an everday tutoring session for 2-3 weeks. I'm guessing there are services similar to freelance.com but does anyone know of any sites where you can be a tutor for teaching IT certifications not a new horizons type of thing?

Also,
Side note, if anyone does want some tutoring in say CompTIA, Cisco up to CCNA R&S and penetration testing certs (CEH, GPEN, GCIH) feel free to PM me.

Hope this isn't a dumb post! :)

Also i'm doing bug bounty programs in the meantime to hopefully make some extra $$

Comments

• Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    May want to look at Craig's list for education gigs. Once in a blue moon, I see IT teaching opportunities but lots of test-prep jobs though, ie, ACT/SAT/AP, GMAT/GRE/MCAT/LSAT.
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Right now the Air Force's Cyber Patriot program/competition is just kicking off. It's a thing for high school students to compete and it's all over the nation. Not all high schools have the resources to commit security expertise to students. Perhaps you can look into this and offering private tutoring on the side to the parents of willing students that want an edge. Volunteering is a non-paid endeavour, so I'd avoid formally joining (and the entry period has passed).

https://www.uscyberpatriot.org/Pages/About/What-is-CyberPatriot.aspx
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Side note, if anyone does want some tutoring in say ... (GPEN, GCIH) feel free to PM me.

Not sure if offering tutoring for SANS related certifications would violate any of there many policies on restricting usage of there materials. I guess if your student had a SANS course and needed extra help it would be allowed, but to teach someone who does not have access to the course materials could violate SANS policies. I would check with SANS before doing any advertising of your tutoring services for GIAC certs.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I would be leary of anyone offering teaching who refers to the GCIH as a pentesting cert....just my 2 cents.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Hey Guys:

So I need some extra $$ for the holidays and thought why not offer tutoring for say IT certifications. Something like an everday tutoring session for 2-3 weeks. I'm guessing there are services similar to freelance.com but does anyone know of any sites where you can be a tutor for teaching IT certifications not a new horizons type of thing?

Also,
    Side note, if anyone does want some tutoring in say CompTIA, Cisco up to CCNA R&S and penetration testing certs (CEH, GPEN, GCIH) feel free to PM me.

Hope this isn't a dumb post! :)

Also i'm doing bug bounty programs in the meantime to hopefully make some extra $$

If you have a Masters there are sites that pay $20/hour for college level tutoring. I think Chegg...have not looked in awhile.
  • Options
    aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sent you a messsage. I'd be interested in reviewing some things w/ you for OSCP. TBH just looking for some help on C at the moment.
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)