CISA - CISSP Overlap

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
So I guess I'm noticing a lot of overlap with the CISA and CISSP study material. Since I've been studying the CISSP material for a while, would it be just safe to say that I have to change my mindset to answer the questions? I plan on getting the database questions for the CISA and reading up on the difference for learning materials. I do want to take something from this so would I just be ok with studying the auditing stuff?
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Go through the Database of questions and understand the concepts. If you find that the security portion is not an issue you can skip, but no harm in passing over the questions to give you a flavour of the exam. I personally would recommend for you to go over all the questions if you can and understand the right/wrong answers/concepts of what is being asked and that should allow you to pass the CISA. I used this tactic when doing CISM and CRISC. Even if you know the answer to the security questions just go to the next one (it equates to only 1 section as far as I remember).
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks for the input.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****