PM in TE?

jschreckjschreck Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
How do I private message someone in these forums?

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You can either go up to the top right where it says who you are logged in as, and click on private message. Then on the left side, there will be a link that says "send new message"

The easier way would be to find a post by the person you want to message, and click on their name. In the options that pop out, select "send a private message to [name]" or you can go to their profile and then select "send message"
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    jschreck wrote: »
    How do I private message someone in these forums?
    As a new user you probably don't have that capability. It cuts down on the new users who sign up and then annoy current members asking for **** or sending spam -- http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/55120-only-downside-passing-tests-posting-about-here.html.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • jschreckjschreck Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well.. atleast I dont feel like a complete retard. I wanted to pm earweed cause he suggested i look into WGU in my last post. Use him as a referal.
    mikej412 wrote: »
    As a new user you probably don't have that capability.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip. Is there a physical limit as to when PM's become available, such as after 10 posts have been made?

I also noticed that I can't send a PM to jschreck.
  • J.QJ.Q Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, that explains not seeing the option to pm members. Used the FAQ link, searched for private messaging, read the directions and thought I was going blind not seeing the option.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They took out the option for Junior members of pm's. Jshreck has his back. I PM'd him already.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    J.Q wrote: »
    Well, that explains not seeing the option to pm members.
    If you confirmed your email address after registering then I think you still have the option to receive email (through TE) from TE members. You can set that option in the User Control Panel (User CP menu option at the top ).

But you also have the option to request access to PM -- if you're not a spambot icon_lol.gif
    Yeah in my registration e-mail it indicated I could e-mail a board admin and prove I'm no spambot (or at least, a very clever one) and have the PM ban lifted. Took about 10 mins - admins here are fast!
    It may take more than 10 minutes sometimes :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote: »
    It may take more than 10 minutes sometimes :D

Well that is just unacceptable... What are we paying you guys for??? :sleepicon_confused.gif
  • Husam97Husam97 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well that explains why I can't send messages
  • Tom789Tom789 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey everyone. How do i get approved to be able to send the private messages ? Im positively not a bot and not a spammer :) Would just like to inquire knowledgeable members regarding some specific technical stuff while not spamming the forums.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    The system automatically lets you send private messages after you've made a certain number of posts. For the life of me, I can't recall if it's 10, 20, or 25, but either way it's a method of ensuring that newer members actively participate (and are human) before they can chat with folks behind the scenes.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Tom789Tom789 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote: »
    The system automatically lets you send private messages after you've made a certain number of posts. For the life of me, I can't recall if it's 10, 20, or 25, but either way it's a method of ensuring that newer members actively participate (and are human) before they can chat with folks behind the scenes.

Fair enough. Thanks, Slowhand.
  • redcopredcop Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I could not find how to PM....all I want is to get endorsed by fellow senior member. come on guy help junior brother out.
  • PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    redcop wrote: »
    I could not find how to PM....all I want is to get endorsed by fellow senior member. come on guy help junior brother out.

You did actually read this thread before replying, right? The answer is in the thread you're responding to.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert