Options

Windows 10 Upgrade EULA windows is blank

NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am attempting to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and this window is supposed to be an EULA but it is blank.

I tried downloading the installer several times with the same result.

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting past this?

Please advise and thank you!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

Comments

• Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Is windows 7 up to date? Could be missing .NET framework, C++ redistributable etc
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    Yes, the only updates available for me are a pair of optional "preview" updates.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Your computer is sending you a subliminal message to ditch Windows and install Linux instead.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am attempting to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and this window is supposed to be an EULA but it is blank.

I tried downloading the installer several times with the same result.

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting past this?

Please advise and thank you!

Hmmm... I couldn't find a resolution to your issue.

I would suggest following a different path to get Windows 10 installed. Here are some videos that should help you upgrade to Windows 10.

Try video one first

1)
    How To Upgrade To Windows 10 In 2017 - FOR FREE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F34NwyPvlTE

2)
    Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 - Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Beginners Start to Finish Free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKuZo7tbvls
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Some similar issues around:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10/get-windows-10-window-is-blank/17f4dbec-f6a5-460a-87fe-870c9354f80a?auth=1

You may also want to try resetting your IE settings, as the EULA very often in Microsoft items are using an embedded browser window to show the HTML of the EULA.

One final option is to try making a new user account (admin) on your computer and running it from there.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • Options
    djrabesdjrabes Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Try using the Media Creation Tool instead of the Upgrade Assistant?
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10
    Studying: Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
    Want: MCSA: Office 365, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure), Network+, Security+
  • Options
    djrabes wrote: »
    Try using the Media Creation Tool instead of the Upgrade Assistant?
    That is what I did last night and by the time I went to bed, it had finally finished the upgrade. Tonight, I'll be testing the PC and making sure my applications all run.