PMP Exam Scheduling

tabish_mbtabish_mb Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear All,

I need a small help related to my exam scheduling. I am currently in Dubai and my eligibility period is expiring on 13th December, 2017 and somehow i was not able to take time out for the exam throughout the last year due to various reasons. Now, when i check the the guidelines for scheduling it says nothing about the followings:
1. If i make payment now, can i book the date post my eligibility period i.e. 13th December?
2. Do i have sufficient time with respect to the seat availability prior 13th December?

Looking forward for immediate help...

Regards,

Comments

• tabish_mbtabish_mb Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anybody there to help???
  • mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    tabish_mb wrote: »
    Dear All,

I need a small help related to my exam scheduling. I am currently in Dubai and my eligibility period is expiring on 13th December, 2017 and somehow i was not able to take time out for the exam throughout the last year due to various reasons. Now, when i check the the guidelines for scheduling it says nothing about the followings:
    1. If i make payment now, can i book the date post my eligibility period i.e. 13th December?
    2. Do i have sufficient time with respect to the seat availability prior 13th December?

Looking forward for immediate help...

Regards,

I haven't officially applied for my test yet but I can tell you that

1) You should contact PMI with this question, they are good at getting back to people re: inquiries like this
    2) It depends on the facility where you take the test. In the USA, there are plenty of testing centers but the ones in my area fill up their weekend seat availability quickly. I recommend verifying the seat availability for your desired testing place by pretending to go through the process online, that should give you a better idea.
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
    Thanks mzx380, i will check with PMI.

moreover, i guess we cannot check the availability of the seats without first paying the fee. as they will be sharing the Eligibility ID for the same.
    Thanks mzx380, i will check with PMI.

moreover, i guess we cannot check the availability of the seats without first paying the fee. as they will be sharing the Eligibility ID for the same.

You definitely can, I use that to forecast when I should take my own exam
    But what i can see on the prometric, we have only half an hour slots. I guess the test duration will be 3-4 hours.
  • TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1- If you book for the exam now, you will have to take the exam within your eligibility period. Not after that. If you plan to write the exam later, you can ask for a month's extension like I did. Or just let it expire and apply for the eligibility again, like I did. I prefer you let it expire and get a fresh 12 months without the rush.

2- You don't need to hurry for the exam, if you are not prepared. If your eligibility is expiring, let it. Apply again and get 12 months to think it through and book for the exam at your own leisure.
    OSCP: Loading . . .
    Go to Prometric's site and locate a testing center. Once you find the one you want, go to the calendar to see if they have available dates. If the center you want doesn't have date availability, then you are out of luck unless you are flexible.

pmi.jpg 40.2K
    Thanks TheProfezzor,

but will it go through the complete reevaluation again and what about my PDUs? and if you can help me understand the complete re-apply procedure once it has expired.

Regards,
  • TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks TheProfezzor,

but will it go through the complete reevaluation again and what about my PDUs? and if you can help me understand the complete re-apply procedure once it has expired.
    Regards,

i am assuming you already have your previous application. If nothing has changed, re apply using the same application given the experience you mentioned in your application still stands valid. You can find the previously submitted application in your "PMI Portal". You will probably get an approval once again to take the exam, and you'll have a full 12 months to do so.

I am assuming the PDU's you are talking about are the "Contact Hours", you need as a pre-requisite for the examination. Please note that those 35 contact hours you earned NEVER expire. So, you need not worry about those.
    OSCP: Loading . . .
    Thanks TheProfezzor