Exam Prep for College Credit

bc901bc901 Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
Does anyone know of universities that provide college credit, not cpe, for example preps (CISSP, CEH, PMP, etc.)?

My wife has to use up around 18 credits towards a tuition remission program over the next year and she'd like to get some certifications instead of a grad certificate. The program does NOT cover non-profit contuing education courses which seems to be what most university exam preps fall into.

She'd rather use them than lose them if possible.

Thanks!

Comments

• Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't know of any that give credit for studying for the certs themselves. Maybe something like SANS where a bunch of the courses/certs would count towards their university but you can take them all individually too. That way maybe it's "credit" but really just taking select SANS courses.
  • aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bc901 wrote: »
    The program does NOT cover non-profit contuing education courses which seems to be what most university exam preps fall into.

I'm not positive about this last part. But, for everything else I'd recommend WGU. Probably 80% of their courses are essentially 100% exam prep. The entire goal of the class is to get the relevant certification and as soon as you get it, you've passed the class. So for example, if I'm taking my first networking class at WGU, in order to pass they'll require that I get a Network+. If I'm working on some of the later networking classes, they'll require that I get a CCENT and CCNA: Routing & Switching in order to pass the classes. Coolest part is they give you 2 attempts for each certification as part of your tuition.

It is a non profit school, but I'm not sure what you mean by "continuing education courses" so I don't know if that throws a wrench in things or not for you.
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    bc901 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of universities that provide college credit, not cpe, for example preps (CISSP, CEH, PMP, etc.)?

My wife has to use up around 18 credits towards a tuition remission program over the next year and she'd like to get some certifications instead of a grad certificate. The program does NOT cover non-profit contuing education courses which seems to be what most university exam preps fall into.

She'd rather use them than lose them if possible.

Thanks!

Contact an IT training company and ask if they have ACE accreditation. We are going through the process now, which is rather extensive. I am not sure how many credits they will put toward each of those courses but she should be able to receive two or more credits each.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me