Passed

squidjrsquidjr Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed the security+ exam on the first try with a 794! Not sure which one to do next

Comments

• mauguilarmauguilar Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the passed. I would say go for MCSA 2012 or CSA+
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!! icon_cheers.gif Unless your employer requires another CompTIA cert, I would suggest looking into something else.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! :D Go for CCNA RS and then CCNA Security :D
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! the CEH might be a nice option
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, hope to be taking that in 6-8 weeks
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
  • squidjrsquidjr Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone! I was leaning towards getting a MCSA Server 2012 or 2016. I dont think i can take the CEH, I only just started my own computer business since I can't find a job in my area without "work experience" Been working with computers for 24 years, but that doesnt count. So the MCSA server 2012, 2016, or ITIL Foundation, CCNA RS and Security.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! Good luck on your next cert whatever you choose. The CEH/CHFI if you go into security would be a great option!!

If you want to move into systems administration I would check out the MCSA/MCSE path as some options... :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I personally would go for CCNA CyberOps as the next certificate....

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    Congrats!
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • nygs82nygs82 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What study material did u use , how many simulations were there?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I would say do CCNA R&S.
  • PersianImmortalPersianImmortal Member Posts: 124 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! It was tough for me to decide what to go for next after I got Sec+. I went straight for CASP, but it was definitely a big jump in material from Sec+. I think it depends on what field of IT you're interested in.
  • Paulieb81Paulieb81 Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    squidjr wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! I was leaning towards getting a MCSA Server 2012 or 2016. I dont think i can take the CEH, I only just started my own computer business since I can't find a job in my area without "work experience" Been working with computers for 24 years, but that doesnt count. So the MCSA server 2012, 2016, or ITIL Foundation, CCNA RS and Security.

Good job on passing. Everyone has their own suggestion where to go, it all depends on what you want to get into. If you just started your own computer company then I think your path that you are on is pretty solid. You will find good info studying for the MCSA/E as well as the CCNA R&S. Either direction is a solid and well respected one.
    Going back to school to finish my B.S.
    Goals for 2017: Security+, CCNA = NOT DONE YET
    Goals for 2018: VCP6, PMI CAPM, ITIL, Six Sigma
    ... and when there is time: MCSE, CCNA Security
  • keeranbrikeeranbri Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello,

What books, videos did you use to study and how long did it take you to study before you were read for exam. Did you self study or attend a class?
    Security + is one the certifications that I plan on starting with? I see that you have all three already. did you self study for A+ and Network + as well?
    Thanks Paulie81.

I'm just trying to get my experience somehow, since my company im currently working for didnt honor their agreement. They sent me to school and paid for it, but didnt let me take over the network admin position. They decided to stay with the managed service that shows up twice a week, which they dont do a whole lot themselves. Nothing I can't handle. I have 1 more year left on my contract with them to where i dont have to pay them back the tuition. Right now they dont have me doing anything that has to do with my certifications.

Im just biding my time till I can find a career in something i love doing. In the mean time, ill get my certifications and experience and move on from that place.
    keeranbri wrote: »
    Hello,

What books, videos did you use to study and how long did it take you to study before you were read for exam. Did you self study or attend a class?
    Security + is one the certifications that I plan on starting with? I see that you have all three already. did you self study for A+ and Network + as well?

Well I used professor messers videos on youtube and bought his course notes. I also read CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead by Darril Gibson. I also took the A+, Network+ and the Security+ all in a 18 month time frame. I went to school for 2 years for network administration, so i learned some stuff from there. But it was only 6 months between the Network+ and Security+ exams, mainly self study.