Options

Failed 10/4 with a score of 695

mstd0nmstd0n Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
This was my first attempt. Getting that close with out reaching the goal is frustrating to say the leasticon_cry.gif.

I'm going to review a few different resources for my weakest areas and retest in 30ish days.

Comments

• Options
    cbdudekcbdudek Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You barely didn't make it, so definitely retest within 30 days. Go back and bone up on the areas you were the weakest in. Don't lose faith!
  • Options
    Thanks for the encouragement.

Exam retake is on the books for 4 Nov.
  • Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You will surely nail it in your next attempt. Don`t give up.
  • Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hey Mstd0n, you got this next time! I'm actually in the same boat and I'll be writing the exam on the 19th. Now I got the determination to pass it next time. Don't give up. As Kelly Handerhan's Cybrary video mentions, we've got down all the technical bits down, now we all just have to think like a manager. Good luck on your rewrite!
  • Options
    laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's pretty close. Maybe concentrate on your revision strategy a bit to give you the best chance of passing next time. What sort of practise test results were you getting?
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    So close. You'll nail it next time. Good luck!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You'll get it next time!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You Gat this! and it sounds like you have an excellent plan.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    @LaurieH - I admit that I was fluctuating between high 70s to mid 80s depending on the topic. I've revisited the strategy focusing on my weak areas and trying to cover my basis of doing more practice questions from the Boson and Transcender test sims. I've used the Official Sybex ISC2 Supplementary Quiz book in addition to using the Official Sybex questions, 11th hour and CCcure. I know the content but not thinking like a manager 100% through is what threw my last exam off. I'm hoping to pass this time around!
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You are so close. As someone here said before, you could have scored a bit higher and passed and been one of the weakest CISSP's out there. Instead, you'll hit what you need and knock it out of the park next time. Try the Sybex official questions if you haven't yet. I'm looking forward to seeing a CISSP-Passed from you on 11/4.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    Resonate!Resonate! Member Posts: 23 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @DZA_, which test engine would you consider of more value based on your experience? Thanks!
    DZA_ wrote: »
    @LaurieH - I admit that I was fluctuating between high 70s to mid 80s depending on the topic. I've revisited the strategy focusing on my weak areas and trying to cover my basis of doing more practice questions from the Boson and Transcender test sims. I've used the Official Sybex ISC2 Supplementary Quiz book in addition to using the Official Sybex questions, 11th hour and CCcure. I know the content but not thinking like a manager 100% through is what threw my last exam off. I'm hoping to pass this time around!
  • Options
    barmanbarman Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mstd0n wrote: »
    This was my first attempt. Getting that close with out reaching the goal is frustrating to say the leasticon_cry.gif.

I'm going to review a few different resources for my weakest areas and retest in 30ish days.

Hey,

Take a look at my post:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/126440-passed-cissp-almost-695-a.html

Now breath. It's possible to pass afterwards :)
  • Options
    barman wrote: »
    Hey,

Take a look at my post:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/126440-passed-cissp-almost-695-a.html

Now breath. It's possible to pass afterwards :)

Thanks for the post, it definitely helps to keep me motivated. My weakest domains were the exact same as yours. Let's hope my second attempt yields the same result as yours.
  • Options
    You probably heard this before but there are no one exam simulator that will cover all the material that you need for the exam. Personally I like the BOSON exam simulator because it does have a fair bit of mock exam questions that have structure (750Qs) and it provides a really good explanations on why it's chosen answers are the best answers. There are practice questions like the Sybex and its supplementary exam question book that reinforce core concepts which I recommend as well. All in all, you have to source your exam practice questions from different areas. My top pics would be the Sybex ISC2 Questions, BOSON and probably CCCcure. Your mileage may differ but I personally I got the value out of these sources. Experience covers the other half of the battle. I hope that helps.
  • Options
    ShadabdabdabShadabdabdab Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey how did you know you was ready. I'm currently on domain 3. I'm readying both Conrad and sybex 7 one right after the other each chapter. I'm scoring around 70 percent on cccure. Is there a way you can tell if your solid enough to move on?
  • Options
    Hey how did you know you was ready. I'm currently on domain 3. I'm readying both Conrad and sybex 7 one right after the other each chapter. I'm scoring around 70 percent on cccure. Is there a way you can tell if your solid enough to move on?

Generally if you're able to score 80% and above, (target is about ~85%) on the quizzes and the mock exams consistently on top of thoroughly understanding the concepts on all 8 domains, it is fair to say you would be in a position to do the exam. Others may advise differently.
  • Options
    laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with DZA_ you need a safety margin so aiming above 80% in practise questions is the way to go. You may need to review your revision process - perhaps there is a way you can be more efficient in how you revise?
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog
  • Options
    Exactly one month later and I passed this morning! I'll post a detailed "passed" thread later after I take a nap. Thanks for the encouragement, this site helped keep me motivated.
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations! Well earned.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ah that’s awesome! Massive congrats.
    CISSP
    CISM
  • Options
    FearoeireFearoeire Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□