CISSP Changing Format to CAT

2»

Comments

• SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Resonate! wrote: »
    I have the same experience. It may be due to the fact that there are many easy questions in the test engine you are using (by the way, which source?), or you are going through some known questions. I think it is a good speed, so master the quality now.
    Hope to login and see your "CISSP passed" post on November, 17th.

My source is the official ISC2 CISSP Test app. Those time are from a first time encounter with those question bank so there is no familiarity with the question.

Don't worry, I will update "CISSP passed" in the few hours after passing it on Nov 16th.
  • Falcon56Falcon56 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think what agitates me about this is the fact that if it is determined that I am "failing" after 78 questions, and the test ends, I don't get the printout telling me what my weak domains are. Also, all the study resources I have employed [Eric Conrad, Micheal Gregg, Mike Chapple] have all stressed using the test to go back and answer other questions that you may not have the answer for. They have also promoted the one, two and three-pass thru test strategies.

I've had my voucher for well over a year and I have no one to blame but me. And yes, I know this is a "either you know the material or you don't"-type thing. I just wish there had been more of a 'warning' before the changes. I have two weeks of use/lose leave at work and my test is December 11th. Hopefully, like SteveLavoie, I can post a "CISSP Pass" thread as well......I need to get the heck out of CISSP-land, get this thing done and move on to the Cisco certs.....
    Falcon56, ISC2 confirmed to me that changing to CAT format is a false rumor. They will do it eventually but not on such short time notice.
  • Falcon56Falcon56 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @SteveLavoie: Thank you so much for the heads up! Got my fingers crossed for you when you go to 'slay the beast' on the 16th. Looking forward to a "passed on first try" thread from you. Best of luck!
  • TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I didnt take any chance.... It's now scheduled for Nov 16. I am almost ready.... perhaps it is the kick in the ass needed to schedule it.

I took a hit in the nuts when a friend forwarded my resume with CISSP mentioned. I wasn't a CISSP but preparing for it. Had to take the exam in 2 weeks. I passes :P
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • pawanmalnadpawanmalnad Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ISC2 increased Exam fee to $699 on top of that $125 Tax in my country, now this is really frustrating
  • shreenagshreenag Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    125$ tax icon_rolleyes.gif. GST is killing me
    Canadian GST ? I verified my bill and there is no GST on my bill.
  • shreenagshreenag Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was talking about the Indian government GST.
  • asaffariniasaffarini Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I didnt take any chance.... It's now scheduled for Nov 16. I am almost ready.... perhaps it is the kick in the ass needed to schedule it.

Steve,

Good luck with your exam tomorrow and hope all goes well!.
  • mritorto2mritorto2 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    figures they change format a week before my schedule exam -- see below

ISC)² CISSP Computerized Adaptive Testing

Effective Dec. 18, 2017, (ISC)² will introduce Computerized Adaptive Testing (CAT) for all English CISSP exams worldwide. Based on the same exam content outline as the linear, fixed-form exam, CISSP CAT is a more precise and efficient evaluation of your competency. CISSP CAT enables you to prove your knowledge by answering fewer items and completing the exam in half the time.

How Does it Work?

Each candidate taking the CISSP CAT exam will start with an item that is well below the passing standard. Following a candidate's response to an item, the scoring algorithm re-estimates the candidate's ability based on the difficulty of all items presented and answers provided. With each additional item answered, the computer's estimate of the candidate's ability becomes more precise – gathering as much information as possible about a candidate's true ability level more efficiently than traditional, linear exams.

This more precise evaluation enables us to reduce the maximum exam administration time from 6 hours to 3 hours, and it reduces the items necessary to accurately assess a candidate's ability from 250 items on a linear, fixed-form exam to as little as 100 items on the CISSP CAT exam.

What Does CISSP CAT Mean to Me?

If you're already preparing for the CISSP exam, don't change anything. The exam content outline and passing standard for both versions of the examination are exactly the same. Each candidate will be assessed on the same content and must demonstrate the same level of competency regardless of the exam format.
  • mritorto2mritorto2 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i am trying to figure out this part

[FONT=&quot]ow does the computer determine whether a candidate will pass or fail the CISSP CAT exam?
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The probability of success on a CISSP CAT exam is based solely on a candidate’s estimated ability in relation to the standard necessary to pass the exam. The scoring algorithm determines whether a candidate passes or fails the CISSP exam using one of three rules, in the following order of application:
    1. Confidence Interval Rule - Once the minimum exam length (100 items) is satisfied, an exam will end when a candidate’s ability estimate excludes the pass point with 95% statistical confidence. For candidates with ability estimates that statistically exceed the passing standard, the exam will result in a pass. For candidates that have ability estimates that are statistically below the standard, the exam will result in a fail.
    2. Maximum-Length Exam Rule – If the Confidence Interval Rule has not been invoked prior to a maximum length examination (150 items), the candidate’s ability estimate will be evaluated against the passing standard. If, for the last seventy-five (75) operational items answered, the candidate’s ability estimate is consistently above the passing standard, for each and every item, then the exam result is a pass. If, at any point over those last seventy-five (75) operational items, the candidate’s ability estimate falls below the passing standard, the result is a fail. The evaluation of the ability estimate in relation to the passing standard does not take the confidence interval into account.
    3. Run-out-of-time (R.O.O.T.) Rule – If the Confidence Interval Rule has not been invoked prior to a maximum time of the examination (3 hours), the candidate’s ability estimate will be evaluated against the passing standard. If, for the last seventy-five (75) operational items answered, the candidate’s ability estimate is consistently above the passing standard, then the exam result is a pass. If, at any point over those seventy-five (75) items the candidate’s ability estimate falls below the passing standard, the result is a fail. The evaluation of the ability estimate in relation to the passing standard does not take the confidence interval into account. If a candidate does not answer seventy-five (75) operational items within the maximum time of the examination (3 hours), the candidate will automatically fail the exam.
    [/FONT]
  • asaffariniasaffarini Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    All- We will be posting soon a new thread in this forum with consolidated information (since this thread was more about speculation).

Now that the CAT change is confirmed we have more information and videos on our cybervista.net pages on the changes announced this morning by (ISC)2. It answers questions like the above about how the CAT works, scoring information and so on related to this test change.

You can get that information and videos here:

https://www.cybervista.net/cissp-new-cat-computerized-adaptive-test/

We'll also be monitoring this forum, reddit, and (ISC)2 community pages for any questions that come up and answer them along the way.
  • Sam@CyberVistaSam@CyberVista Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good news! As you heard from (ISC)2 and CyberVista today, the CAT exam will officially kick in on 12/18/18. That means all those great test day strategies of multiple pass-through strategies will still apply for your exam on 12/11.

PS--even if you fail CAT, it will still give you a detailed printout of results. Learn more here: https://www.cybervista.net/cissp-new-cat-computerized-adaptive-test/ (control f "reporting")
    Well... ISC2 rep told me that plenty of warning time will be given :) IT is a fast domain... but 1 month is not long :)
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Again, as general dogma you just can't take for gospel whaetver customer support anywhere tells you. When decisions come down the front line peeps are usually the last ones to know.

My recommendation to those taking ht test after the go-live data is not to panick. CAT has been out forever. Microsot has been using it for 15+ years. If you know the material the test methodology will make ZERO difference.