Passed CSA+

palmett0palmett0 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Here are some thoughts:

The PBQ's are lengthy. I got mine at the very beginning. I looked at the first one for a minute or two feeling lost; and decided to skip/flag all of those and come back to them at the end. Once I got back to them I spent a lot of time on there. The screen gets really busy with all the open windows. I felt like I was constantly having to move things around and re-sizing the frames. It would have been nice to have had 2 or 3 monitors.

Study materials:

I used both the AIO and Sybex books and used both books practice exams. Both are solid, but I felt the Sybex book prepared me the best as I felt it went into more detail on the subject. Additionally, I feel the practice exam questions on the Sybex site were more on par with what I seen on the test. Full disclosure: I read the AIO book first, felt confident, and then I took the Sybex book's included practice exam and scored in the mid 60s which made me feel the need to read it also and really focus in more so.

Neither books nor practice exams had anything close to the actual exam's performance based questions.
When I clicked submit, I felt it was going to be 50/50 if I passed or not. It's impossible to know how the questions are weighted.

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! icon_cheers.gif
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • catqueenbbcatqueenbb Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • LSageeLSagee Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job! I remember there being one really awful PBQ, I wonder if we had the same one...
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□