CCNP ROUTE Passed

Robbo777Robbo777 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, it's been a while since my last post but i'm back. I've been working and studing my ass off for the ROUTE exam. I passed it today with a passing score of 790 when the pass mark is 790 to haha! Suffice to say i was delighted and amazed considering how massive and difficult the exam is. But a pass is a pass no matter the score haha.

NetworkLessons.com was a massive help, i paid the monthly fee but it's completely worth it in my opinion, they cover everything and have working examples of all the material to with clear explanations as to what and why things function the way they do.
I also used CBT nuggets video series but i have to say it was very brief and covered no where near as much as i thought it would.
And then there's the copious amount of knowledge out there on the internet to along with plenty of labbing.

Before starting the CCNP i read that the ROUTE exam is usually considered by most to be the hardest, with the TSHOOT being the easiest. I'm moving onto the SWITCH exam right away as i want to keep my brain going with the amount of stuff needed to get the CCNP eventually.

One query at the end to. Does passing this exam renew my CCNA by any chance as well?

Thanks everyone

Comments

• negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats ! Yes, ROUTE renews your CCNA as well.

I'm hammering away at ROUTE right now; just started OSPF so i'm like one third of the way. How long did you take to study for this roughly?

I do agree, networklessons.com is awesome along with Rene's gns3vault.com.

Any tips (without breaking the NDA of course)? :)
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • shortstop20shortstop20 Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As mentioned by negru_tudor, passing renewed your CCNA.

You can check the status of your certifications here.

https://cisco.pearsoncred.com/durango/do/login?ownername=cisco&channel=cisco&basechannel=integral7
    CCNA Security - 6/11/2018
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015
  • WezhiraWezhira Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Robbo is the official cert guide from Cisco press good enough for this Route exam?
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats, a pass is definitely a pass especially when the exams cost $300 per attempt.
  • adrianm68adrianm68 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Well done!
    2017 Goals: Cisco: [x]Switch [ ]Route [ ]Tshoot

Cisco engineer's command to teach his dog to sit: "no stand"
  • denfrombedenfrombe Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Robbo777Robbo777 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone, for the people who have done the switch exam, how is it compared to the ROUTE? about the same or not as much of a beast?
  • negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SWITCH is a nice exam. Make sure you put time in to get FHRPs, security and STP right. Know them by heart.

There were some questions that left me scratching my head but that's like every Cisco exam ever.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)