Taking the exam on Monday

Family_GuyFamily_Guy Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
*see subject

This is my first certification exam. I've been studying for a few weeks, passed the practice exams with 80%+, the one from this site 90%+, and i'm looking for others if anybody can help me out with that. I'm looking for a practice exam that I can take that should be able to judge if i'm ready or not. I can see how this can be difficult as the exam can take on many forms, but maybe there's a practice exam that covers most of it?

I already took the one at mcmcse and passed with between 80%-90%
Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence. -Dawkins

2010 Path

Network+ : Started | Server+ : Pending
Security+ : Pending | Linux+ : Pending

Comments

• Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    I'm a big fan of Trancender and MeasureUp. Look into those. Since you're taking the exam soon, you can just purchase the 1 month session. This is what I do. I usually study for a good month or Two, then buy the exams a few weeks before taking the test. Ofcourse, I do all the free ones first.

Good luck!
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Family_GuyFamily_Guy Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Alright, i'm taking the exam today. My preparation tools were....

Techexams.net -- I read all of the technotes, took the exams. -passed
    MCMCSE.com -- Read the study guides, did the practice exams. -passed
    TestOut A+
    A+ Complete Study Guide Deluxe Edition *Sybex -- Read a few chapters, reviewed using exams on the cd.

I don't have any formal training with computers, and no experience in IT at all. I really hope I don't fail, $156 is a lot of money when you only make $7.00 and hour. ;) (I'm 17)

I'll update today with the results. Good luck to me!

By the way, if I fail, how long do I have to wait to take it again?
    Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence. -Dawkins

2010 Path

• TBLTZTBLTZ Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    good luck let us know how it goes.
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    Family_Guy wrote:
    By the way, if I fail, how long do I have to wait to take it again?
    2nd attempt you can try immediately. 3rd attempt you must wait 30 days.
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
    Woot! I passed with a 715. Not as hard as I was expecting, but it did contain some questions that my studying didn't cover. Oh well, now i've got to go study for OS. Thanks for the exams and technotes, quite helpful. A tip to anybody planning on taking it, if you have only used online study guides and/or video training, GET A BOOK. I wasn't going to until a few days ago and I did and am really glad I did. It was far more in depth then either of my other means of study.

2010 Path

• TBLTZTBLTZ Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Family_Guy wrote:
    Woot! I passed with a 715. Not as hard as I was expecting, but it did contain some questions that my studying didn't cover. Oh well, now i've got to go study for OS. Thanks for the exams and technotes, quite helpful. A tip to anybody planning on taking it, if you have only used online study guides and/or video training, GET A BOOK. I wasn't going to until a few days ago and I did and am really glad I did. It was far more in depth then either of my other means of study.

If I use the test out test and Mike Meyers test you think that someone can pass using those?

How long did your test take and how many questions did you have on it?

Also are you going to get OS in before dec 31?

Thanks
    Yes, as long as you do all of the end of chapter and end of section exams for each section of the TestOut videos and the book.

The test was 100 questions, it took me about 28 minutes.

2010 Path

• Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Congrats! 28 minutes?

Man... that's fast for 100 questions. Wait until you see Microsoft exams icon_wink.gif

I can't imagine a test with 100 questions. I would be sitting on the edge of my seat. I think when I took my A+ a few years back, it was 30 questions in 30 minutes for each test (HW/OS). Man... things have changed.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!