New cert/course advice for Incident handling

hal9k2hal9k2 Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Guys

I need to choose new cert/course that will be sponsored at my work. I think best would be something with security incident handling.

What would you chose from what is avaiable on the market if your criteria is more knowledge than cert brag...

I was thinking about C)IHE (Mile2) but I am not sure if there are better ones on the market?

Comments

• tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • hal9k2hal9k2 Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tedjames wrote: »
    If your office is paying for it, go for this: https://www.giac.org/certification/certified-incident-handler-gcih

Why that one you recommend?
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    hal9k2 wrote: »

GIAC offers really good training, especially if you can actually go attend their course, and the certification is more well known and would server you much better in the long run. If its just knowledge your after I would probably stick to getting a book on the topic and watching YouTube videos. The amount of free/cheap training out there is amazing.
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    SANS is known for its high quality training, and having a SANS certification carries a lot of weight in the professional world. I've taken some Mile2 training, sponsored by my previous employer, and honestly didn't get much out of it.
  • mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hal9k2 wrote: »
    SANS/GIAC certs have a solid reputation as one of the best training & certification programs around. If you run into a GCIH, then it's a good bet they know what they are talking about.
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Other than SANS, any good recommandation for Incident Handling?
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    My colleague took the Infosec Institute one and I think the words he used to describe it was "wasted money".