ICS cyber secuirty

elsanoseelsanose Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
HI guys
I am asking about industrial cyber security i want to enter this field am from OT field and i take some self study in cyber security and i want to take the infosec institute and take the CSSA exam is that good for me some advice please .

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Longest sentence ever.
  • BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Longest sentence ever.

HAHA

To the OP: What is the OT field?
  • elsanoseelsanose Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    HAHAHA should be enter Guinness
  • elsanoseelsanose Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    operation technology
  • BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The best place to start would be an entry level cert like Security + as it does not have an eligibility req

From there you can use your Security + as a waiver for some of the eligibility reqs on other certs. Also, you can go for the CASP from CompTia as well which may help out.

Industrial security is a bit of a different beast, but from what I understand, those jobs require a lot of the same security certification's that other markets so as well.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    No offense but... First, be prepared to communicate in a clear, rational manner so you understood. Capitalization and run on sentences will kill a career before it can take off.

SANS Institute is one of the only paths for ICS specific training. If nothing else read the syllabus to get a feel as to what you can start with and learn yourself. See following: https://ics.sans.org/

- b/eads
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Also, research where ICS, SCADA, and PLCs are used, this is pretty niche, so a good start might be landing an entry level job at a place that uses these controls.