Is the Cisco Data Center track still worth it?

CE1028CE1028 Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
With cloud gaining to much traction, what's the future outlook on this certification path? Is it worth pursuing

Comments

• ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Where does the cloud live? icon_cool.gif

Absolutely it's worth pursuing. Don't think that absolutely everything is going to move to the cloud anytime soon. The cloud is still a unique feature set, that doesn't fit everybody's need, or only fits a piece.
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It doesn't seem like there's much activity on this forum regarding the DC track.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    There's also not a lot of VCDX activity on this forum either or for other expert level certifications. I think that's generally Techexams though. There's never really been a large amount of people going for CCIEs or other expert-level exams at the same time here historically. If you go over to the IEOC forums, Learning@Cisco, VMware forums, etc, you'll see a lot more activity there.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the tips regarding the other sites Iris. I noticed there's more activity at the CLN which is where i often hangout.

Hey Op, check out the sites posted by Iris. Very helpful
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]