Remote Jobs?

dcarey4698dcarey4698 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Anybody know any job boards that have a decent amount of telecommute desktop support jobs? Just something that I would like to explore. I've used a few boards but I can't find anything.

Comments

• nofear187nofear187 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    allot of the places that say the jobs are telecommute ( like dice.com) it's a mistake and the people that post this over and over again never get called out or corrected ever by their account manager, recruiters do this BS over and over again it seems to me, FYI

so ya good luck with that boss !
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think support.com has remote jobs at that level, but in reality you're going to be hard-pressed to find something remote. That's typically for people that are software devs or have a decent amount of experience.
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Upwork(formerly oDesk) might have some jobs, I'm not 100% sure on desktop support jobs though.
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Upwork definitely has desktop support level jobs
  • bryanthetechiebryanthetechie Member Posts: 172
  • dcarey4698dcarey4698 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Flexjobs.com

I checked out Flexjobs and they have a lot! Thanks!
    So flexjobs, virtualvocations.com, and remotebase.io are the three I've seen. LinkedIn produces a few. Not seeing a ton on Indeed or Ziprecruiter. Any others?
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    There's also a Git list of companies who support remote work: https://github.com/jessicard/remote-jobs
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    There's also a Git list of companies who support remote work: https://github.com/jessicard/remote-jobs
    That's awesome! Thank you!

Taking the CISSP in a couple weeks, so I'm heavily looking into a remote job. Just works better for me and my family.
  • labscloudlabscloud Member Posts: 137 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would love to get a CCNA partially remote position. It'd be nice to go to the office Mon-Wed and remote on Thur-Fri.
  • SpetsRepairSpetsRepair Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm a remote network engineer

There's a lot of benefits to being remote and there are some downsides as well. I can work from anywhere as long as I have internet connectivity and a phone. Sometimes have to travel to other offices for work but mostly I work from home or families place when I visit.
  • NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
    https://www.producthunt.com/e/find-a-remote-job

This is the grand daddy of remote job boards
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • ChevelChevel Member Posts: 211 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good thread, I'd love to have a remote job :-O
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    HOW DO I FIND A REMOTE JOB? PART 1
    Would you love to work remotely? Well there is no better time than now to make it happen. Businesses around the world are starting to embrace remote work at a rapid rate. Finding a new job is daunting enough, so here’s our handy guide on how to find a remote job today.

https://www.deekit.com/how-do-i-find-a-remote-job-part-1/

HOW DO I FIND A REMOTE JOB? PART 2
    Previously we gave you the rundown on how to find the remote job of your dreams. Part two is a little different. This is the case study of how one of our team scored his role at Deekit! Did he follow the principles laid out in the first part of this article? Read on to find out.

https://www.deekit.com/how-do-i-find-a-remote-job-part-2/
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • PocketLumberjackPocketLumberjack Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    https://weworkremotely.com/ This is setup by the creator of Basecamp and Ruby on Rails.
    Learn some thing new every day, but don’t forget to review things you know.
  • PocketLumberjackPocketLumberjack Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm a remote network engineer

There's a lot of benefits to being remote and there are some downsides as well. I can work from anywhere as long as I have internet connectivity and a phone. Sometimes have to travel to other offices for work but mostly I work from home or families place when I visit.

This is literally my dream setup, my wife works on a teacher contract and I would love to work from my parents lake and her parents place all summer.
    Learn some thing new every day, but don’t forget to review things you know.
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sticky this thread. This is a very popular topic that most strive for, even more than certifications...
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sticky this thread. This is a very popular topic that most strive for, even more than certifications...

Agreed!!

Here is another remote job:

https://www.telenetwork.com/
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
    Agreed!!

Here is another remote job:

https://www.telenetwork.com/

You could probably take one of the WGU stickies down and the job board one down and make it strictly remote. Everyone knows about indeed, glassdoor etc. But the remote job boards are still relatively unknown, relatively speaking.
    I agree that this should be stickied.

I may settle for another office job, but my goal is to be remote. I'm sure others are in that same boat.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    markulous wrote: »
    I agree that this should be stickied.

I may settle for another office job, but my goal is to be remote. I'm sure others are in that same boat.

I'll take 75% of my current salary just to stay remote. I've made it known in other threads, but I absolutely despise waking up early, commuting, and sitting in a loud office just to click a mouse...
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • ChevelChevel Member Posts: 211 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'll take 75% of my current salary just to stay remote. I've made it known in other threads, but I absolutely despise waking up early, commuting, and sitting in a loud office just to click a mouse...

Tell me about it, pretty much how I felt the last few years, especially when 90% of the tasks can be performed at home.
    I like starting work early so I can get off early, but otherwise I totally agree. I can click a mouse at home. I don't mind going in for meetings but even those can be virtualized.
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Totally agree. I get into work at 6:30 so I can leave at 3 and try to miss some of the traffic. At home I wake up at 6:25 on remote days are am logged in at the same time with no commute at all. I do the same job all day, if anything I'm usually more productive because no office chatter, many of the times I make lunch and work through it so they get extra time out of me then. At the end of the work day in the office I'm gone, at home I don't mind spending longer. It should be a win for the company but they don't see it the same way, it's a special benefit. Right now I'm 1 day a week remote, I'd like to push for more. If i had to go in, maybe like Tues and Thursday would be ideal.

Even when people are all at the office some of them call into the meetings just so they don't walk to another floor, so in that case why even bother going to the office?
    Love that we see eye to eye on this.

I've been in this role on paper now for 4 months, once I hit the 1 year to 18 months on paper mark I am looking for remote internal positions, even lateral in a field of no interest or external. That's the plans and they AIN'T changing.

Truth be told, the only thing that would motivate me to ever get another certification would be a remote role that required it, i would absolutely get it done. Then and only then would I ever get another cert. That is saying a lot!
  • KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My boss just told my team today that we are starting to do 2 days a week remote on Monday! Monday and Thursday from home for me. I'm in a pressure cooker type environment now so it will definitely take some of the steam off and improve work/life balance. My team is hidden in a room way in the back and we hardly leave our desk or interact with other departments in person so there is no reason we couldn't do it remote.
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
    Guess we can keep bumping it until it's stickied. :D
  • kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I have some remote spots open for people /w heavy cloud experience (i.e.: AWS and DevOps)
    Housing is getting ridiculous. Hoping to go remote this year to actually be able to afford a house.