Failed 210-255 Implementing Cisco Cyber Security OPS

desi121desi121 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,

Very shocked as today I failed 210-255. I am completing the course self study and used the following materials to revise:

Omar Videos (Live Lessons)
Cisco 210-255 Text Book
Regex Guides
NIST Guide
and other various websites.

I found the exam very easy so was very shocked when the screen said I had failed! I am also a Cyber Ops L3 Analyst so I was even more shocked! (Perhaps I was over-confident for this exam). I had spent the last 3 months on and off studying for this exam.

I scored 782 and a score of 825 is required to pass.

The exam was 65 questions in total

Breakdown of results:

Endpoint Threat Analysis & Computer Forensics 60%
Network Intrusion Analysis 71%
Incident Response 75%
Data & Event Handling 80%
Incident Handling 57%

Due to the NDA I cant say too much about the exam but right now I feel very confused.

My plan is to focus on my two lowest areas and try to improve these as as well as spending some time on other areas where I scored less than 80%

I feel motivated and will be retaking the exam next week!

I still remember some of the exam questions and one or two I was uncertain of I am hoping someone can PM me so I can discuss these...one was around Wireshark

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    That is why I hate Cisco exams. Very vague, plus you can't go back and check your questions like other exams. I am sorry. Hang in there...
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That is why I hate Cisco exams. Very vague, plus you can't go back and check your questions like other exams. I am sorry. Hang in there...

Agreed!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • desi121desi121 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Many thanks really looking for a study buddy now to help me out as I am really confused on some topics such as VERIS
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hang in there. Yes I feel that you may have thought it was an easier exam with you job role and your cissp.

We are studying for the exam topics though so im sure there are things you havent seen or just simply wont use. Thats the case with many parts of my MCSA, or cisco things like VTP.

Hope you rebound and get it!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hopefully, you have the SECOPS Gap Coverage Document.

Also, did you print out the SECOPS Exam Objectives and covered each objective line by line? I believe this what helped me pass.
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Good luck on the retake. Cisco exams can be very tricky in their wording.
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took the exam a couple of months ago and I thought it wasn't too hard at least during the exam. I felt like I knew most everything but then when my score came up, I had barely passed. I think the questions were vague and tricky. I did notice there were a few questions on the exam that I hadn't even heard of.

Anyway, I bet you'll knock it out of the park the next time!
    Thanks everyone yes I have been through the syllabus, can anyone provide a link to the SECOPS Gap Coverage Document?

My exam is booked for Monday 13th
    Hi everyone,

I took the exam today and passed with a score of 835, the pass score was 825! Today there were 65 questions in total

Breakdown of New Score

Endpoint Threat Analysis & Computer Forensics 80%
    Network Intrusion Analysis 86 %
    Incident Response 75%
    Data & Event Handling 73%
    Incident Handling 71%

Breakdown of Old Score

Endpoint Threat Analysis & Computer Forensics 60%
    Network Intrusion Analysis 71%
    Incident Response 75%
    Data & Event Handling 80%
    Incident Handling 57%

Thanks everyone for your help!
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats!!!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    Thanks everyone was a very hard exam glad I finally passed it! Now on to CEH I think!