in the CCIE exam can you take these things?

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi guys
can you take these things to the lab. I heard you could.

1. bring your own colored markers and eraser?
2. bose ear muffs for sound suppression?
3. snacks to eat during or only when you go on break?

Comments

• down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    itdaddy wrote: »
    Hi guys
    can you take these things to the lab. I heard you could.

1. bring your own colored markers and eraser?
    2. bose ear muffs for sound suppression?
    3. snacks to eat during or only when you go on break?

1. Don't need, especially if you take the test in RTP. They have tons!
    2. Up to the proctor, ask in advance
    3. I brought snacks and energy drinks. The record is 6 energy drinks consumed during the course of the lab attempt (I do NOT!!!! recommend).

Good luck on your attempt!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hahahahaahahh 6 really hahahh i bet.. I might need as well maybe 3..i have a question down77..after you pass the written i have 18 months to attempt 1st attempt at lab right? and then i have 18 more months after that if i need to take it 2 or 3 times more right? so i have 3 total years to pass the lab right. cause written is good for 3 years..once i am ccie, then i have every 2 years to renew my ccie written only do i have it right? i am pretty excited. I have all I need to study. now i am ready to committ to hammer it out scared and excited same time hahahah thanks for your help.
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    itdaddy wrote: »
    hahahahaahahh 6 really hahahh i bet.. I might need as well maybe 3..i have a question down77..after you pass the written i have 18 months to attempt 1st attempt at lab right? and then i have 18 more months after that if i need to take it 2 or 3 times more right? so i have 3 total years to pass the lab right. cause written is good for 3 years..once i am ccie, then i have every 2 years to renew my ccie written only do i have it right? i am pretty excited. I have all I need to study. now i am ready to committ to hammer it out scared and excited same time hahahah thanks for your help.

I kept it to an energy drink in the morning and a bottle of water in the afternoon. The last thing you want is to lose time for bio brakes during lab!

Here is the official policy (and link) from Cisco on Lab attempts and timing:

CCIE Exam:

Candidates must make an initial attempt of the CCIE lab exam within 18 months of passing the CCIE written exam. Candidates who do not pass must reattempt the lab exam within 12 months of their last scored attempt in order for their written exam to remain valid. If a candidate does not pass the lab exam within three years of passing the written exam, he or she must retake the written exam before being allowed to attempt the lab exam again.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/training-certifications/exams/policies.html#~stickynav=4

Once you have successfully passed the lab you will have to re-certify every 2 years. Cisco recently updated their re-certification's options to allow for either successfully passing an expert level (CCxE) exam OR completing the necessary number of continuing education credits along with paying a recertification fee of $300. If your employer is willing to cover the cost of continuing education (which includes Cisco Live!) this may be a decent option. The link for "CE" is below:

http://ce.cisco.com

I hope this helps!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11