CISSP-ISSMP eligibility Que

prindpaprindpa Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have provisionally passed CISSP last month and awaiting endorsement completion.
thus my question is, can I take CISSP-ISSMP exam now or I will have to wait until I get my full CISSP status.

Comments

• TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    A quick look at the website shows the steps...the first requiring an active CISSP in Good standing. Additionally, on the endorsement page, you don’t have to submit an endorsement for concentrations and just have to email an updated resume to ISC2.

Both of those tell me that you have to wait.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I assume you can still take the exam, but cannot become ISSMP certified until you are fully CISSP certified. But when in doubt, you can check with (ISC)2 directly.

https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP-Concentrations

Have two years cumulative, paid, full-time work experience
    In one or more of the five domains of the CISSP-ISSMP CBK
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Usually or at least in the past the ISC(2) asked for an additional two years of experience for a total of seven (7) years of professional experience. With that said I would also counsel taking the more recognized CISM if (again) you are in a management role. The CISM has much better recognition than the any of the CISSP concentrations.

Frankly most people don't have any idea what to do with the concentrations and have never been popular with employers - just cert geeks.

- b/eads
  • prindpaprindpa Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    checked with ISC2, as per their reply candidate must have full CISSP (after getting the endorsement confirmation Email) to take the concentration exams.

thanks all for your responses.