Cisco is not mailing certifications anymore

2URGSE2URGSE Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
Back in 2012 they did mail the certification automatically once you passed.

Not so much is the case anymore. I was waiting for my CCENT and nothing showed up. I contacted Pearson's Vue and was told Cisco is now charging to have a copy of the certificate, which is sort of neat IMO to have in one's office.

Printed via mail: $15

Download/print PDF: $3

Just thought I'd share.
A+
Network+
CCENT (formally CCNA certified)
ICE (Imprivata Certified Engineer)

Comments

• SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They should at least make available for free the download/print PDF... I think VMware did the same... I didn't receive my VCP6-DCV certificate on my last renewal...
  • desi121desi121 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can confirm this is true just had to pay $15 for the certificate to be mailed to me (non trackable). Trackable shipping via UPS was $65 total...
  • dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's pretty weak, hopefully the postage is better. My last one sent to Australia was all smashed up in the post.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Shoot, I remember when they gave you the card with your name on it! I wish they kept doing that!
    It's lame that they don't send out the certification on paper anymore. The price went up on these tests and they wanna charge more. When they do stuff like that then they should really explain to people the why.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    They still mail certs. They just haven't mailed cards in years. After the initial mailing, it's a charge to get a copy. If you didn't get your original cert kit, open a case
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    2URGSE wrote: »
    Back in 2012 they did mail the certification automatically once you passed.

Not so much is the case anymore. I was waiting for my CCENT and nothing showed up. I contacted Pearson's Vue and was told Cisco is now charging to have a copy of the certificate, which is sort of neat IMO to have in one's office.

Printed via mail: $15

Download/print PDF: $3

Just thought I'd share.

You have pay to down a PDF of a cert you passed?

Shame CISCO Shame

ComptIA doesn't do this.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • airzeroairzero Member Posts: 126
    When did this start? I passed CCENT 31 Aug and Cisco mailed me my printed certificate and little business card thing free of charge. Was this a recent change?
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    It didn't start, Airzero. They still send out the certs. They ask you to verify your address and if you don't do that, then nothing gets shipped. If you need a copy AFTER the initial send, that's when they charge.

@networkingstudent - see my reply.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Almost sure i paid for it last month ccent

maybe usa is free ? i'm in ireland and it shipped from usa
  • dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's a good point, if you don't go and confirm your shipping address they won't send the cert out. Did you confirm your details OP?
  • MashoTGMashoTG Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As the people above stated, you have to create a cisco account, plug in your cisco ID and test information, THEN you have to verify your address, THEN you wait like... 3 weeks for the certificate to come in, which is free.

They charge for a PDF ( absurd )
    They charge for a 2nd certificate.

For now you shouldn't pay anything, Their method of getting a cert shipped out isn't as easy as CompTIA.