Options

CISA, CISM, CRISC certificate fees annual membership fees & CPEs fees

semsem010semsem010 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear all,

i need ur advice, is it really worth to pay for certificate fees $ 50 and later on annual membership fees & CPEs fees ...etc.

cant we just show exam results emails?

as i have passed CISA, CISM, CRISC, but i am thinking i will paying too much from now till NO end for that matters?

what do think?

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    semsem010 wrote: »
    Dear all,

i need ur advice, is it really worth to pay for certificate fees $ 50 and later on annual membership fees & CPEs fees ...etc.

cant we just show exam results emails?

as i have passed CISA, CISM, CRISC, but i am thinking i will paying too much from now till NO end for that matters?

what do think?

Passing the exam doesn't count as being certified. There are other criteria that are considered in order to be certified CISA, CISM, etc, thats why you need to complete an endorsement application.

Also, people who pass those exams and get certified expect certain ROI (Return on Investment) from the new cert, usually in the ball park of $2,000 to $20,000, if you move jobs) This increase in money from a new job or a promotion more than justifies the cost of the exams and the maintenance fees.

I pay $285 per year for CISSP and CCSP but my salary increase by $40,000 after 2 years of being certified, I don't mind the $285, which by the way is reimbursed by my company. If I get the CISM, i will have my company pay for it also. These are the small perks you need to look when looking for a new job. That way the money doesn't come out of your pocket and don't have to worry about fees.
  • Options
    semsem010semsem010 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    Passing the exam doesn't count as being certified. There are other criteria that are considered in order to be certified CISA, CISM, etc, thats why you need to complete an endorsement application.

Also, people who pass those exams and get certified expect certain ROI (Return on Investment) from the new cert, usually in the ball park of $2,000 to $20,000, if you move jobs) This increase in money from a new job or a promotion more than justifies the cost of the exams and the maintenance fees.

I pay $285 per year for CISSP and CCSP but my salary increase by $40,000 after 2 years of being certified, I don't mind the $285, which by the way is reimbursed by my company. If I get the CISM, i will have my company pay for it also. These are the small perks you need to look when looking for a new job. That way the money doesn't come out of your pocket and don't have to worry about fees.

tnx so much
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I don't mind the annual maintenance fees for my certs because I can just expense them to my employer :).
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you show an exam results email, especially with a very old date, it’s obvious you aren’t certified. Plus why would you take the exam knowing full well that there are annual requirements?
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    On top of what these peeps said, only you can determine if its valuable to your specific case. For example, while I spit on my CEH and CHFI, others need to keep it current as a job requirement. One size does not fit all.