Options

Life after CISM - What should be next CISA or CRISC

SnooperSnooper Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
I would like to work in Audit as well as Risk management for some time to find out which one is my cuppa tea. Have recently cleared CISM so it is quite fresh in brain. What should be next cert move cisa or crisc? which has max. content overlap and is quicker and easier to grab (relatively)?

Comments

• Options
    scankloudscankloud Member Posts: 47 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Snooper wrote: »
    I would like to work in Audit as well as Risk management for some time to find out which one is my cuppa tea. Have recently cleared CISM so it is quite fresh in brain. What should be next cert move cisa or crisc? which has max. content overlap and is quicker and easier to grab (relatively)?

Snooper, CISA will be your best bet, there is no much Overlap and tons of resources to fill in the Gap really quick. CRISC, most users who passed had to rely on QAE Database alone. Hopefully this helps you decide, btw what was the CISM Exam like? I'm taking mine this Saturday weekend.
  • Options
    SpanSpan Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CISA would be the fastest and easiest after CISM. I just got my CISM this morning and CISA in September and I found CISA to be the easier of the two.
  • Options
    kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
    scankloud wrote: »
    btw what was the CISM Exam like? I'm taking mine this Saturday weekend.
    May be i can chime in here with my two cents. I cleared it last week. My exam experience was positive. Quite difficult exam. Questions were similar to what you see in QA database. Easy to finish in 3 or 3.30 hours and then revise. Contrary to what others mention, i think revision is very important and I am 100% sure I fixed at least 10 wrong answers as I was more relaxed. Lots of questions test critical, realistic, on job situations so you must relax on exam day and focus on each question. Some questions test your ability to ignore a word or two so read everything twice. Dont waste too much time on single question. You can flag and come back but be extremely wary of end exam button on top RHS!!!!! Same thing when editing answers, use the question ribbon at bottom to navigate or nav button, dont use next when editing flagged questions. Have clear concepts, doing db questions over and over again is not much of a help. Its not a crazy difficult exam, I am impressed with exam content and what it tested Good Luck
  • Options
    kabooter wrote: »
    May be i can chime in here with my two cents. I cleared it last week. My exam experience was positive. Quite difficult exam. Questions were similar to what you see in QA database. Easy to finish in 3 or 3.30 hours and then revise. Contrary to what others mention, i think revision is very important and I am 100% sure I fixed at least 10 wrong answers as I was more relaxed. Lots of questions test critical, realistic, on job situations so you must relax on exam day and focus on each question. Some questions test your ability to ignore a word or two so read everything twice. Dont waste too much time on single question. You can flag and come back but be extremely wary of end exam button on top RHS!!!!! Same thing when editing answers, use the question ribbon at bottom to navigate or nav button, dont use next when editing flagged questions. Have clear concepts, doing db questions over and over again is not much of a help. Its not a crazy difficult exam, I am impressed with exam content and what it tested Good Luck

Kabooter, I can't thank you enough. Thank you very much for being real with your experience, I think most people here just come up with stuff to scare and confuse others with conflicting information/experiences. Thank you, I will go ace my exam now.
  • Options
    SpanSpan Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I found CISM to be more difficult then CISA as well.
  • Options
    datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CRISC would be easiest IMO as risk management is a big part of the CISM.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

• Options
    SnooperSnooper Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    scankloud wrote: »
    Snooper, CISA will be your best bet, there is no much Overlap and tons of resources to fill in the Gap really quick. CRISC, most users who passed had to rely on QAE Database alone. Hopefully this helps you decide, btw what was the CISM Exam like? I'm taking mine this Saturday weekend.
    I agree with cism exam beinglong and moderately difficult. I finished in 3 hours and then checked flagged questions May be 20 or so. I found exam to be less vague then database questions which was a relief plus most questions were from real life so it was nice to come up with an answer. Somehow i saw only question to which i had no idea which planet it was from. I also had a dozen or so very easy questions so they were very helpful to take a deep breath and release some steam.
    Good Luck.
  • Options
    Snooper wrote: »
    I agree with cism exam beinglong and moderately difficult. I finished in 3 hours and then checked flagged questions May be 20 or so. I found exam to be less vague then database questions which was a relief plus most questions were from real life so it was nice to come up with an answer. Somehow i saw only question to which i had no idea which planet it was from. I also had a dozen or so very easy questions so they were very helpful to take a deep breath and release some steam.
    Good Luck.

@Snooper, thank you so much for providing insight and very useful information about this exam. I am excited, grateful and can't wait to share my success story tomorrow.