Mike Meyer's Udemy Course

boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
Love it. Great course to compliment the reading material. I highly recommend it to anyone preparing for the course.
Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.

Comments

• QuavoQuavo Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Agreed, I am currently going through his content also, I am also using his All-In-One book.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yeah, I like his books, his writing is very easy reading & understandable.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Love the books too.
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
  • ratherunique17ratherunique17 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I like his Udemy course as well. It complements very nicely with the book that I am using.
    2015- BA
    2018-
    MA (Cybersecurity & Government affairs concentrations)
    2018:
    (A+, Sec+, Net+/CCENT for Certs) (Python,& SQL.Maybe C Programming)
    Later: (TBA Certs.)(Ruby, Assembly Programming)
    More School?: MSc in Computer Science. Georgia Tech's Online Masters (2019/2020)
  • BUGFREEBUGFREE Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I found his Udemy practice tests really valuable for 902 exam prep. :) There aren't simulations, but the other questions were in line with the actual 902 exam.
  • bluewarlord8bluewarlord8 Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree, the Udemy A+ course taught by Meyers is great for exam prep, I believe that you don't even need to read the all in one book he wrote as the videos are quick, concise and effective. I appreciate his positive, comical vibe and it helps when you want to learn something. He is one of my valued instructors, I enjoy watching his lectures/vids in oppose to other boring, sluggish, robotic 'lecturers'.
    Certs: CompTIA A+, MTA: Server Admin, CCST - Networking & Azure Fundamentals.
  • davec8080davec8080 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree, the Udemy A+ course taught by Meyers is great for exam prep, I believe that you don't even need to read the all in one book he wrote as the videos are quick, concise and effective. I appreciate his positive, comical vibe and it helps when you want to learn something. He is one of my valued instructors, I enjoy watching his lectures/vids in oppose to other boring, sluggish, robotic 'lecturers'.

The thing you need to know about Meyers is that it will be OBVIOUS when he's just joking around, taking a break from the serious lecturing. But when he's not joking around, you'd better be listening and taking notes. Not much that he says or demonstrates is fluff...you will need it all for the test.
  • bluewarlord8bluewarlord8 Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's right. Mike knows what the A+ will cover and doesn't hesitate to teach us on his videos. This is what makes his vids quick, concise and practical.
    Certs: CompTIA A+, MTA: Server Admin, CCST - Networking & Azure Fundamentals.