Passing all 3 aws associates and linux+/LPIC 1 to get a devops job

has786has786 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Once I pass all 3 aws associates and comptia linux + and LIPC-1 can I make a devops CV get a devops role in London?

Comments

• TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    has786 wrote: »
    Once I pass all 3 aws associates and comptia linux + and LIPC-1 can I make a devops CV get a devops role in London?

You can work for NASA if you would like, let alone London.

Seriously, what kinda question is that? Do you have any experience or you just want to pass the exams and get a job? I tell you right now, its not easy like that.
  • techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It will help but having some professional experience, especially with docker, chef, puppet, ansible, etc. will help more. I just finished job hunting and I applied for quite a few devops positions with a little bit of AWS work and no real devops. I received a low callback rate on devops positions. I rarely saw AWS certs listed so I don't know if they would have helped.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    Not likely.

A business isn't going to trust their production environment to someone without a lot of experience.

Depending on the environment there is alot of other stuff to know/learn then what's in those certs.

You could try for support roles at a cloud managed service provider and work your way up from there.