AWS for me

ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
So ive decided to go for my first AWS certification. For those of you that already have it which one should I start with?
Im currently studying the AWS essentials class on udemy and I love it... its very interesting but a lot like a easier version of ADUC and Win7.

The reason i'm choosing this cert is the company I work for is migrating things to AWS cloud as we speak... so to stay on top of my game (I haven't gotten a new cert in 3 yrs) I'm going for the AWS cert.... for 150.00 its not that bad. If I do not invest in myself nobody else will.

The certification im going to go for is the AWS Certified SYS OPS Administrator - Associate

What other references are good for study for this exam? this will be my first AWS cert.
In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
“The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios

Comments

• MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The Official Study Guide came out several months ago https://www.amazon.com/Certified-SysOps-Administrator-Official-Study/dp/1119377420

I would recommend using acloud.guru which tends to be cheaper on Udemy.

Following the AWS blueprints leads to reading several AWS whitepapers:

o Overview of Security Processes
    o Storage Options in the Cloud
    o Defining Fault Tolerant Applications in the AWS Cloud
    o Overview of Amazon Web Services
    o Compliance Whitepaper
    o Architecting for the AWS Cloud

The final thing is viewing Re-Invent videos that tie into your studies like Auto Scaling, Cloudwatch, OpsWorks, Cloudformation etc...
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mitechniq wrote: »
    The Official Study Guide came out several months ago https://www.amazon.com/Certified-SysOps-Administrator-Official-Study/dp/1119377420

I would recommend using acloud.guru which tends to be cheaper on Udemy.

Following the AWS blueprints leads to reading several AWS whitepapers:

o Overview of Security Processes
    o Storage Options in the Cloud
    o Defining Fault Tolerant Applications in the AWS Cloud
    o Overview of Amazon Web Services
    o Compliance Whitepaper
    o Architecting for the AWS Cloud

The final thing is viewing Re-Invent videos that tie into your studies like Auto Scaling, Cloudwatch, OpsWorks, Cloudformation etc...

Thank you very much!!!!
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • EagerDinosaurEagerDinosaur Member Posts: 114
    I started with the Architect (Associate) exam, and found the official study guide very useful. Even then, it didn't cover everything. I found that the main things missing from the study guide were commercial and contractural issues. Things like, how much notice do you have to give AWS if you want to do penetration testing and what are the terms and conditions for a reserved EC2 instance. Reading the latest AWS whitepapers is essential.

It's definitely worth opening an AWS account and taking advantage of the free introductory year if you haven't already.